Chapter 18.

Kaylee couldn't believe that Embry imprinted on Ashley. That's not what she was expecting. She had been hoping that one of the pack members would imprint on Ash, but she didn't want it to be Embry. She knew that it was a selfish thought, but she didn't want Embry to be taken away from her by an imprint. He was her Embry, even if she wasn't in love with him.

Quil nudged Embry in the side, and he snapped out of it. "Hi Ashley. I'm Embry Call, but you know that already because Kaylee just told you." He chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I'm Ashley Clarke. You, uh, you live beside Kaylee, right?" She asked shyly, and Embry nodded. "I thought I saw you around before, I guess that's where." Kaylee could tell that Ashley was really nervous because she kept fiddling with her black rimmed glasses.

"I'm hungry. Can we eat?" Kaylee asked Jacob, and he wrapped his arm around her shoulder.

"Of course, baby doll. I'm so happy that you're hungry." He led her over to the table where all the food was. She heard everyone else get excited and begin to run over to the food, but Emily wouldn't allow it.

"Ladies first! You all know better!" She scolded the large men, and Paul growled deep in his chest. Ashley jumped back when she heard that noise. Kaylee quickly shot him a glare. Normal people don't growl. She filled up a plate with a decent amount of food for once, actually having a genuine appetite.

"Ash, you and Em come sit beside me and Jacob?" Kaylee suggested, and Ashley nodded and smiled. Kaylee knew that she wouldn't want to be away from Embry, and she also knew that he would follow her anywhere she went anyway.

Embry was flirting shamelessly with Ashley, and she was blushing a very pretty shade of pink. She was a gorgeous girl, but she told Kaylee that she wasn't used to much male attention. She had only had one boyfriend, and he was her first love. They were together from her eighth-grade year to her junior year. He told her he wanted to be single during his senior and college years, and he broke her heart. But Embry would never break her heart, he couldn't even if he tried.

They all sat around the fire, eating the delicious food that Emily had prepared. "So, Ashley, how did you meet our little Kaylee here?" Quil asked in between bites of his hot dog.

"We sit beside each other in English." She responded, picking at her food. Embry nudged her gently.

"Don't be so nervous, you're a part of the pack now." He said, but then he caught what he said. Ashley furrowed her perfect eyebrows. "By pack, I mean the group. We're all just a big family."

That seemed to settle her nerves, and she began opening up more. "I'm going to school for education. I want to teach preschoolers." She smiled.

Billy Black was so late to the bonfire, that the pack had almost finished eating by the time he showed up with Old Quil and Sue Clearwater. They also brought little Claire along. Kaylee hopped up off the log to hug Billy tightly, and she even hugged Old Quil and Sue.

Billy rolled over to his usual spot, flanked by the other adults. Kaylee assumed that he would eat after the legends, if there was anything left. He began to speak in his loud, dominant voice, and the atmosphere changed.

Ashley was leaning forward, completely enthralled. When he spoke of imprinting, Kaylee saw her wipe at her eyes. She was such a romantic, and she got emotional over everything. Embry smiled at her and wrapped his arm around her, pulling her in close. She looked at Kaylee with wide eyes and she gave her a thumbs up in return.

By the time Billy was almost done with the legends, Kaylee was exhausted. Jacob had pulled her over onto his lap, and her face was buried into his neck. When Bill had finished the legends, the atmosphere turned into a more playful one. The group dispersed, some getting more food while the rest went to play football.

"You can go play if you want, baby." Kaylee told Jacob, tracing her finger down his jaw line. He shuddered underneath her touch, clenching his jaw as she lightly touched him.

"I think I'm going to stay right here." He told her, his voice husky and low. Quil was over by the water, playing with Claire. He watched her so closely, scooping her up in his strong arms when she got too close to the water. Kaylee had been disgusted when Jacob informed her about Quil's imprint on tiny Claire, she was so young. But, Jacob had explained everything to her so beautifully, that any negative thoughts left her mind. Quil would protect Claire until the day that she died, and he would be anything that she needed him to be.

"I don't think I told you yet, but I got offered a job at the car garage." Jacob said, twirling Kaylee's hair around his finger. She smiled and clapped her hands together.

"Jacob, that's great! You'd be so good there!" She hugged his neck tightly.

"I don't know if I should take the job. I'm already so busy with school, and spending time with you, and stuff with the guys." She knew that he meant patrols, but he had to be sneaky about it since Ashley didn't know anything yet.

"Baby, I'll be fine, and I know the guys will be fine. You have to start thinking about your future." Kaylee told him. He placed his hand under her chin and pulled her face close to his.

"Our future." He said, capturing her lips with his. His kisses always sent shivers down her spine and made her heart race.

"That's so sweet. I want something like that." Ashley sighed. She had no idea what she was in for. Embry would treat her like a princess, and he would make sure that she was one hundred percent happy every day for the rest of her life.

"You just have to find the right person. We all have our soulmate out there." Embry said, and Kaylee looked up into Jacob's eyes.

"And I'm so happy that I found mine." She kissed him again, ignoring the hooting and hollering the other guys were doing.

I wanted to thank everyone that reads/favorites/adds this story to their reading lists. It always provides me with so much inspiration to write and create more! I started a new story, so I'll be trying to work on that in my spare time as well. It's called "Expecting," and it is going to be a Grayson Dolan pregnancy/romance story. I have the first chapter posted, if anyone is interested in letting me know what they think :)  Thank you! Xx