Chapter 16.

After Jacob's bones had healed once again, this time in the correct places, everything seemed normal again. The pack wasn't as tense, and there wasn't a need for as many patrols. Kaylee spent the majority of her time with Jacob, and when he wasn't around she was with Emily, Kim, Embry, or Leah. She also felt indebted to Seth after he had protected her from Victoria, and she continued to thank him immensely every chance she got.

Surprisingly, Kaylee felt perfectly fine on a sunny Sunday afternoon as she sat on the porch with her mom. She worked that morning, so the duo made plans to do stuff together that evening. Kaylee had also picked up a decent shift that morning at the grocery store, which made her managers very happy. It was the third shift that she had picked up this week. For the first time in a long time, Kaylee didn't feel like a sick teenager. She felt like a normal girl.

But now they were sitting on the porch swing, Kaylee's anatomy book open on her lap and a novel open on her mother's lap. "So, Kaylee, how is Jacob doing? I haven't seen him too much this week." Mom commented, and Kaylee smiled to herself.

"He's been busy. The school year is almost over and he's a little behind. He's trying to make sure he gets everything caught up." That was mostly true. He also had to wait on his bones to heal completely before he was up and moving. Her mom didn't say anything right away, but she knew that she wasn't super happy about her answer.

Kaylee's mom has always taken school very seriously, but she didn't know that the reason Jacob was falling behind was because he was fighting vampires to keep everyone safe. "You're not behind are you?" She asked, marking her place in her book and gently closing it.

"Mom, of course I'm not behind. I'm doing great. I have an A in both of my classes, and I even made a new friend. Her name is Ashley. She's really smart, you'd like her. And I've worked three shifts this week. I'm feeling a lot better." Her mom smiled at Kaylee, but then frowned.

"Are you and Jacob being safe?" She asked, and Kaylee choked on her air.

"Mom!" She screeched, burying her face in her anatomy book to hide her blush.

"What? I just want to make sure that you're being safe if you're having sex."

"Well, we're not having sex!" Kaylee exclaimed, her cheeks burning hot. She was, in fact, still a virgin. Jacob and Kaylee had talked about sex recently. and he seems to be getting anxious waiting for it. She knows he would never force her to do anything she wouldn't be ready for, but she can tell that he wants it badly.

The two had gotten close a few times, but Kaylee always backed out at the last minute. Her mom gave her a skeptical look. "Mom, I swear! I'm a virgin, and I'm pretty sure Jacob is too!" Her mom nodded.

"Well, if you decide to start having sex soon, please be safe. I want grandbabies, and you and Jacob will make absolutely beautiful children, but I don't want them right now." If it was possible, Kaylee would've passed out from the intensity of her blush in that moment.

Babies? She had never really thought much about babies, especially since she had gotten sick. She wasn't sure if she would live long enough to have them. But now, she could picture beautiful little tan, dark haired children running around, with Jacob and herself happily watching them.

"Does Jacob have any plans for what he wants to do after high school?" Her mom asked after a bit of silence.

"Well he still has his senior year, so he still has time to decide. But it would be great if he could work on cars, he loves to do that anyway." Kaylee shrugged. She never really asked him about his plans after high school because the pack was his main concern.

The two didn't say much for a little while. Her mom continued to read her novel and Kaylee kept working on her anatomy work. The phone rang loudly from the kitchen and she ran in there to get it. She came out looking mad. "That was the diner. They need me to come in and work because the other waitress called in."

Kaylee smiled at her. "Don't worry about it mom, I'll be okay. I might go see Jacob." She sighed, going inside to change. Kaylee went inside to put her book away and hugged her mom goodbye. She hated that she had to go, but Kaylee couldn't deal with anymore awkward conversations.

xXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

Kaylee knocked on the door to the Black house and Jacob opened it quickly. "Kaylee!" He exclaimed, hugging her tightly.

"Hi Jacob." she said, kissing his chin.

"I thought you had plans with your mom today?" He asked, bringing his imprint in the house. She hugged Billy and kissed the top of his head. Jacob led her to his bedroom and shut the door.

"She got called in to work. She was embarrassing the hell out of me!" Kaylee exclaimed.

"How was she embarrassing you?" Jacob cuddled her body close to him.

"She asked if we were being safe. She said we would have beautiful babies, but she isn't ready to be a grandma yet. And then she was asking about your plans after high school. She was being really nosy." Jacob laughed.

"When we have sex, we'll be safe. As much as I want to have babies with you, we need to wait until you finish school and become a nurse." Kaylee raised her eyebrows.

"You want to have kids with me?" He scoffed.

"Of course, I want to have kids with you! You're my imprint, my soul mate, the mother of my future children." He cooed, kissing her lips.

Kaylee thought about it for a few minutes. "I want a little boy. And I want him to look just like you." She said quietly. His smile was huge and beautiful. He held her tightly against his shirtless chest, and Kaylee began peppering kisses over his pecs.

He sighed contently, running his hands through her hair. She kissed down his chest, to his abs, to the V line on his hips, and then back up. When she made it back up to his face, he grabbed her cheeks and pulled her in for a rough kiss.

He laid flat on his back and pulled her on top of him, making her straddle him. His kisses were so rough, and his sighs were so sexy. His hand trailed up her shirt, but stopped right at her rib cage, his calloused finger tips brushing lightly against her skin. He began kissing down her neck, and she involuntarily bucked her hips against his in response.

"Damn .." He groaned when she did it, and in response, his hips thrusted against hers harshly.

"Jacob?" Billy asked, knocking on the door. Quickly, Kaylee jumped up off of him, sitting beside him and fixing her hair.

"Yeah, dad?" He called back, his voice a little breathy.

"Sam is on the phone. He wanted to talk to you." Jacob groaned and stood up, kissing the top of her head.

"Be right back." He told Kaylee, leaving her sitting on his bed, hot, horny, and flustered.

Damn it, Sam. Who knew that he was such a cockblock?

I'd like to thank everyone who has read, favorited, and added this story to their reading lists! I'd also like to thank my readers for being patient, as I'm almost finished with nursing school, and graduation is coming up in six weeks. I have a lot of preparation and tests ahead of me, but I'm hopefully going to post at least once a week! Much love Xx