Chapter 13.

Kaylee's head was throbbing the next morning when she woke up for classes. She walked down to the kitchen and grabbed a few pieces of sausage that her mom had cooked before she left for work, and quickly ate them so she could take some medicine for the pain.

She grabbed two Tylenol out of the medicine cabinet and popped them in her mouth and washed them down with a few gulps of white milk. She trudged back up the stairs to find an outfit to wear for that school day. She decided on light washed skinny jeans, brown leather boots, and a brown and white tribal print cardigan.

Jacob wasn't sitting out in the driveway like usual, and that surprised Kaylee. She had wanted to see him before she left for school. She packed her book bag up and left for school, wondering where Jacob was the entire drive.

Her classes seemed to go on forever, and she was constantly checking the time. She was very anxious without Jacob, and she was so worried that maybe something had happened to him while he was on patrol.

After the classes had ended, she drove straight to Emily's and busted into the house. Emily was sitting at the table, flipping through a magazine, and she looked up and her with surprise. "Kaylee! What are you doing?"

Kaylee sat down at the table beside her and put her head down. "Where's Jacob?" She mumbled, and Emily ran her hands through her hair soothingly.

"They've been going on extra patrols lately. They've spotted a vampire a few days back, and they're not sure who she wants. They're just trying to keep us safe." Kaylee thought that her heart quit beating completely.

"They found a vampire? Here?" Her mouth went dry.

"They'll be okay, Kaylee. This is what they were born to do." Kaylee didn't find it reassuring, she was frightened.

The door opened, and she jumped up when she saw Jacob. "Jacob!" She hugged him tightly as her eyes welled up with tears. "There's a vampire running around?" She asked loudly.

He glared at Emily. "Why would you tell her that? I was going to get around to it." He was trembling. Emily rolled her eyes.

"You don't need to keep secrets from her. It's not good for either of you." Jacob snarled, and Kaylee placed a hand on his chest.

"Jacob, calm the hell down. You're overreacting." Kaylee said sternly, and he looked down at her. His eyes softened as he looked at his imprint, and his trembling slowed down. "I'd appreciate if you wouldn't keep stuff from me, especially if it's this important. But I just need to know why you would keep it from me?"

"I didn't want you worrying. I was going to tell you soon." Kaylee gnawed on her bottom lip.

"What are you all going to do about the vampire?" The thought of a vampire being this close to town made her nervous.

"We're going to train to fight her. The pack and I are training with the Cullens tonight." Kaylee raised her eyebrows. She definitely wasn't going to miss this.

"I'm going." She stated, not even looking up to see his reaction.

"No way, it's not safe." Kaylee scoffed at him. He was really starting to piss her off. She knew that it was just because he was worried about her safety, but it tended to overwhelm Kaylee.

"Jacob, I'm going with you. I am your imprint, and I think that I need to go with you, so I know what's going on. Besides, I've never seen any of the pack or the Cullen's in action." After deciding that arguing was futile, he agreed that she could go.

"I'll be outside of your house around midnight. I don't know how long this will last, and it'll probably be cold, so you need to dress warm." He told her, and she could tell that he wasn't happy. He avoided her eyes for quite a while until the rest of the pack came in and broke the tension.

When midnight came around, Kaylee was beginning to get sleepy. Jacob didn't knock on the door, because it would wake Kaylee's mom, but she saw the headlights from his car when he pulled into the driveway. She held up a finger, indicating to wait one moment, and she quietly snuck down the stairs and shut the door behind her.

She had on a pair of yoga pants and tennis shoes, along with one of Jacob's hoodies that he has no use for. She was nice and warm, so he had no reason to worry. Kaylee smiled at him as she sat down in the passenger seat of his Rabbit, and he leaned over and kissed her sweetly on the lips. The tension between the pair that was present earlier had disappeared.

The rest of the pack and the Cullen's were waiting on the two when they arrived, and she saw Bella standing near the vampires. Kaylee shivered, and she noticed that the vampire closest to Bella stared at her.

"LeeLee!" Embry exclaimed. "I'm surprised that Jacob let you come!" Kaylee laughed and hugged her best friend tightly.

"I'm surprised too, he wasn't very happy about it." Jacob decided to ignore her comment, and she heard him talking to Quil and Sam in low voices.

"Well, now that Jacob has arrived, should we begin?" Carlisle Cullen said in his perfect voice, and Kaylee found herself watching his very graceful steps. He introduced the Cullens individually, each one unique looking and beautiful in their own way.

Emmett and Jasper decided to spar first, and Kaylee was surprised at how quick Emmett was for his large size. However, as fast as Emmett seemed, Jasper seemed to be much quicker. Their moves were so elegant and smooth, and it looked like they were dancing. Kaylee was prodded in the shoulder by something large, and she turned around to come face to face with Jacob as a wolf.

He stuck his tongue out of the side of his mouth, making her laugh at his goofy expression. She rubbed his head gently, and he sat down on the ground. Following his lead, Kaylee sat down on the damp grass and leaned her head against his large body. She could feel eyes watching her, and she glanced around until she made eye contact with Bella.

Even though she looked happy with her vampire, Edward, it looked like it still bothered her to see Kaylee with Jacob. The rest of the night went by quickly, and Kaylee was becoming exhausted. Jacob was sparing with Quil, and Kaylee leaned against Embry's large wolf body so she wouldn't fall over.

Once Jacob finished with Quil, Bella went over to him. She laced her hands into his long fur, and he licked the side of her face. Kaylee growled underneath her breath but decided not to say anything. He didn't like her. He told her that. Everyone has told her that.

But damn it, why did he have to still act like he loved her?