1.3

Tom P.O.V

'' I always get what I want.'' I said.

That girl was playing with her life. I wasn't even trying to hide my hatred for her.

'' So do I.'' she replied. Her expression never changing.

There was something that took her attention, and she looked up. I followed her gaze and saw a mistletoe above us.

She took out her wand, and burned the plant. She obviously didn't know you couldn't destroy magical mistletoe's. I smirked at her action and took a step closer.

'' You didn't think you would break tradition would you?'' I asked.

I enjoyed watching her getting nervous.

'' Maybe we should go back to your torture room.'' She hissed. What a lovely plan. I unfortunately couldn't. I had to ask about the horcruxes tonight. And no one was going to come between that.

'' I would love to finish what I started, but I have a different plan for tonight.'' I said. I must say, I didn't expect her to show any affection.

'' I don't want to interrupt this lovely conversation, but there is still a plant hanging above us.'' She said with disgust.

She wasn't doing a very good job with her cover this night. I wonder what had caused that.

Most people already left. I looked at her and she still seemed highly uncomfortable. I touched her delicate face and she winced. I smirked at her reaction. She was giving more away then she thought. Idiot girl.

Thinks she has a chance against me?

She said she knew my plans. I don't know if that is a particular bad thing. She could stand by my side. I would rule over the wizarding world. She pushed away, and whispered something in my ear.

'' I hope your plan will work.'' Her face was just as expressionless as before. Only her eyes were different. You could read a certain emotion, I didn't often noticed. It was shock.

Maybe I had more effect on  her then she wanted to admit.

Interesting.

I waited until everyone left, and it was just me and professor Slughorn.

'' I was in the library the other night. In the restricted section, and I read something rather odd. About a rare kind of magic. It's called, like I understand, a horcrux'' I began to speak.

His eyes widened and he seemed shocked.

'' I beg your pardon?'' He asked.

'' A horcrux. I came across the term while reading, and I didn't fully understand it.'' I replied.

'' I don't know what your reading Tom, but this is very dark stuff, very dark indeed.''

'' That is why I came to you.''

'' A horcrux is an object that a person has concealed with a part of their soul.'' He said. His eyes still wide open.

'' And I don't understand how that works sir.'' I pressed on further and took a few steps closer.

'' You split the soul, and hide the part in an object.'' He explained, but still wasn't sure about my reason of asking.

'' By doing so, you are protected, even though your body is destroyed.''

'' Protected?'' I asked.

'' the part of your soul that is hidden, lives on,'' he paused for a moment and continued, '' in other words you can not die.'' He finished.

He almost looked afraid of something.

'' And how do you split the soul, sir?'' I asked further.

'' I think you already know the answer to that Tom.'' He replied.

'' Murder.'' I said.

'' Yes. Killing rips the soul apart.''

My interest grew, and I asked another question.

'' Can you only split the soul once? Or for instance six or seven.'' I asked looking at the fireplace.

'' Seven? Merlin's beard Tom, isn't it already bad enough to kill one person?'' He replied quickly after my question.

I saw he was in doubt, if he had done the right thing by telling me. He didn't.

'' This is all academic right Tom?'' He asked, obviously concerned.

'' Of course sir.'' I replied. His mouth still hung slightly open, because of the shock. Idiot.

'' It will be our little secret.'' I said, and his eyes winded again.

'' Good night sir.''

'' Goodnight Tom.'' He replied, and was murmuring something to himself.

I knew all I needed to know.

I was going to make seven horcruxes.

A/N this is a short chapter, and just a filler, but it is necessary for the story. I will probably double update today :)

Don't forget to vote, comment and add!!❤️