2.7

Loella POV

As the realisation hit me, I heard a high pitched scream, which belonged to no one else than the girl I was looking for. I cursed under my breath, and clenched my fists.

Of course this was happening, I should've just let her sit on her own, or never let Riddle out of my sight. In either ways, I could have prevented it. Not that I valued one particular life, but I did value the rise in Riddle his power. He can't get away with this, if it was what I thought, a murder.

I barged into the bathroom and saw what I already assumed,

Myrtle her dead body.

Her eyes were wide open as if she died from shock. And I am more than certain that wasn't the case.

And I was also more than certain that Riddle had something to do with it. I stared at the dead girl in front of me, and only felt emptiness. She did only exist, not live.

I did not feel sadness, I did not feel any pain, but the anger was clearly evident on my face.

I was going to find Riddle, and I will kindly speak my mind.

With that sarcastic thought I walked out of the bathroom again.

--

3rd person POV - a few hours later

'' Are you in here again, sulking Myrtle?'' Olive Hornby her voice echoed trough the almost empty bathroom, '' because professor Dippet asked me to look for you-''

And then she saw the lifeless body, which followed with a deafining scream.

In a few seconds more people arrived, including professors. Everyone their hands flew to their mouths, and several people gasped.

And of course this incident made them more than frightened.

Why people did hear Olivia her scream and not Myrtle's was a question with no asnwer.

Tom Riddle stood next to a few shocked students. Of course he had to look what was going on, he was a prefect. There was no emotion of his face visible, no smirk of satisfaction, and nothing even close to remorse.

The reason of this strange behaviour was because of the conversation he just had with Loella Wilson, the only girl that could get so close to his nerves and feelings that he had no clue what to do.

Dumbledore kept staring at him, while Myrtle's body was being removed from the crime scene. This was Hogwarts' first murder.

But there were only two persons who knew what was going on.

Because how can it be that someone is killed, without any blood, bruises, broken bones, or anything harmful really, she was absolutely untouched.

The only clue you could get from the lifeless girl, was that she was scared and shocked.

--

Loella POV - few hours earlier

I walked trough the hallways until I saw a shadow from behind me. I quickly turned around and saw Riddle with his disgusting smirk I wanted to slap off so badly.

'' Looking for someone?''

'' I was, before I realised she isn't even breathing anymore.'' I hissed angrily

He raised his eyebrow and spoke again, '' So you've seen it already?''

'' It?''

'' The dead filthy mudblood.'' He answered simply. This answer made me even more angry than before.

'' You murdered someone, Riddle! You murdered someone in the school! Do you have any idea what will happen now?!'' I exclaimed loudly, and didn't even bother in hiding my fury.

He waved his wand, to put on a silencing charm.

''Do not pretend that you don't know what killing feels like, besides we'll figure somehing out.'' He stated in a monotone voice.

'' At least I do it myself, I don't need a stupid basalisk to do the job for me. Really, Riddle, why? Out of all people, you choose the only person I actually hang around with besides your stupid 'friends' that you asked to get close to me!''

As the words left my mouth I realised they were all lies.

Lies I made up for myself. I do not enjoy killing people, I am not proud of what I did. And about Myrtle, I have never been a real friend, not that I needed to, it would only distract me for the greater good.

She was my perfect cover up and I have to admit that being lonely is hard sometimes. No, I did not care for the girl, I did not consider her as a friend, but more as an annoying kid who doesn't have friends just because she was the way she was.

A muggleborn with ugly glasses, that's the only thing she has ever been seen as.

Riddle blinked a few times, but remained silent.

My eyes widened and I was irritated by myself. I just said I knew about his so called 'friends'. This was the first time I actually said something without thinking it through.

'' Wait, did you say 'We'll figure it out'?'' I asked slowly.

'' You saw her didn't you? You didn't warn anyone, or made an attempt to search for help, so you knew that there was a murder in the castle, what I am trying to say is that you are in some way complicit.''

'' So you just expect for me to fix the mess you made? Come on, Riddle, we both know that this is not my lie to tell!'' I exclaimed loudly . To say I was furious was an understatement.

Before he could respond, we were interupted by a high pitched scream.

Oh so she is found. That took them long enough.

I raised my eyebrow and gave him the 'what are you waiting for look'

He was a prefect, and I had no reason in returing.

'' I just hope the school won't close because of you, we both know we have nowhere else to go.'' I said and he stiffened for a moment.

He looked at me, and walked around me to make his way to the bathroom.

A/N

I realised I kind of messed up the timeline, but I will just change the order a bit.

Thank you for reading

Don't forget to vote, comment and add!!❤️