3.6

Loella pov

I glared at Riddle as I stood in the crowded hallway in front of the entrance of Hogwarts.

I wish I could say that I could't believe he pulled something off like this. It did not surprise me that he would frame someone else, but it did in fact surprise me that it was so fast, and that he actually figured something out himself.

People were whispering and muttering things like they were relieved and had always thought the innocent guy called Hagrid was guilty, or something strange.

Riddle, on the other hand, was standing with a smug face next to headmaster Dippet.

His excuse was, as I remember,

' I have found out who the murderer of this poor innocent girl is, I myself, and people can finally feel safe again, there is no reason to stay scared or gloomy'

Or whatever he meant to say with that.

Our eyes met, and for a second there flashed an emotion through his eyes, which I could not yet figure out.

Worry, maybe? It was most certainly not regret or anything close to it.

My attention snapped back when I heard a loud crack, and a screaming boy who was sobbing so loud that I would not be surprised that if I would get a headache soon.

His wand was snapped. It happened in a small moment of time, with a long-lasting scar that was stitched in to his heart. I know for a fact that the boy Hagrid was as sweet and animal loving as someone could be. Not really my type of person, but in my eyes he was far from being touched by the cold darkness, betrayal or the urge to conflict pain and fear.

Riddle could change it all with one snap of his finger, a small conversation and even with one look. He has not even reached the slightest point of power that he will have, eventually.

I watched as the sobbing boy was taken away, with a broken expression itched onto his face. The people of the ministry of magic had a proud, yet serious expression, and again, just like Riddle, no remorse.

That the say of one person could lead to the now ruined future of an innocent person, said something about how people are, act, or think for that matter. An explanation to a mystery. All they needed was a victim, a witness and a possible murderer, or someone who owns an illegal animal that was brought into the school.

Of course that sounds believable.

I snapped out of my thoughts and saw that most people started to make their way back inside the castle. And before I could turn around I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, seconds later that idiot person that was touching my shoulder, turned me around. Obviously it was Riddle, he knew that I act very bad at people coming too close.

'' You look a bit angry, Loella.'' He said with his annoying smug face.

'' You look a bit too pleased, Tom.'' I said back. Apparently we were at first name base now. I will just wait and see how long that is going to last.

'' I cleaned up the mess, fixed the problem and now there will be nothing in my way.'' He said in a monotone voice.

'' You are the problem, you fixed the mess you made yourself, you cleaned blood with blood, Tom.''

'' Do you think anyone actually cares? Do you honestly think that they care about justice? No one will be bothered by the fact that it wasn't actually the big oaf that was the one that killed that stupid useless girl. They are blind, they don't see the world as you see it, Loella. If I cleaned blood with blood, that means that everything is the same, no difference, exactly what people want, and exactly what I need right now.''

'' I do not think that people see the colors as I see them, or the way I see people. That 'stupid useless girl' that you killed has been harassed by people that are not even 1% as bad as you are. But if that already had an impact on her happiness, than I do not think that someone will ever be able to look you in the eye again.'' I said while hushing my voice, and trying not to rip his head off.

'' What about you?'' He asked.

'' I know more than you think. I will not support you, because I have seen someone else than you are most of the time. You are twisted in a beautiful way.''

He looked satisfied with my answer in someway, but I could not read his emotions.

'' I want you by my side.'' He said sudden.

'' And that just confirmed that you are not ready yet to be the monster you created in your head. You have until the summer break. After that, you will be another person, someone who does not want anything other than power.''  I said.

Tom pov

'' You have until the summer break. After that, you will be another person, someone who does not want anything other than power.'' Her beautiful soft voice spoke, while her eyes had an unfamiliar bright sparkle in them.

Something told me that she was feeling something else than she was saying.

She made me feel something so terrible, so addicting, it was like this craving you could only stop by being around her, only by feeling her presence, by seeing her in safety.

It was horrible, yet so good. But I knew she was right, I will be another person, the one that I was meant to be.

But for now, she will be with me until summer break, in my vision.

She was my motivation to go on, and while she made me feel things I never thought I would, it made me stronger for a moment, but after she slipped through my fingers again, I could hear nothing else than the beating of my own ice cold heart.

I need her now, I'll want her later, and after that, I will hear nothing else than my beating heart.

I will live forever.

But now, I wanted to hear someone else's heartbeat as well.

Loella pov

I will never really want to admit this, but his words did make me have a warm feeling inside of me. I will not be a part of his journey.

But I will be as long as possible with the guy named Tom Riddle. Not with the ' dark lord' or whatever name he will choose.

I am just tired of feeling alone,
I don't want to be alone.

A/N

I am sorry for the late update, but I got my own laptop! :)

I'll be able to write more often now, thanks for reading

Don't forget to vote, comment and add!!❤️