4.0

* skip to Summer break*
Loella pov

I looked at Hogwarts for the last time as a 6th year and turned around. School work had been fairly easy and was not that hard for this year, I know that next year I have to succeed in doing N.E.W.Ts.

Nothing to worry about for now. I know that I won't see Tom in a little while, and I know that he has lost another part of the human inside of him by the time I see him again. I have never experienced the feeling of missing someone, loss, yes, but looking forwards to seeing someone again is something else.

I know that I will not cross his mind, he is blind for anything else than his goal, to become the most feared wizard. He will, and I can't stop him. I won't stop him. Because this has to happen.

I apparated to the same place that I was one year ago. I had to, I had to find any traces that were left.

It was less hard then I expected, my body tensed and eyes hardened after I heard someone say,

'' Ah Loella, good to see that you are back.''

Liam

Flashback last year

I walked into a pub because it was a dark night without any signs of light. Only darkness, and the weather was extremely cold for a common summer night. It was as if it was leading me to a place, somewhere I would search for warmth and light. I will probably find out soon enough why.

There were men looking at me from across the room. Their eyes held an emotion, not evil or bad, not sad or happy, more like fear, or worry. Maybe pity. It was hard to read.

Their gaze went back to each other, and they were busy with discussing important matters, at least that was what it looked like. I took a seat at the bar and wanted to order something, until I heard someone say something from behind me.

'' I know who you are.'' a low voice said. Somewhat familiar, but like a vague memory.

I raised my eyebrow as I turned around. I blinked a few times until it came back to me.

'' Liam?'' I said with a dry troath.

'' So you are alive.''

'' I pretty much am.'' I said.

'' Look how you've grown.'' He said while getting closer and wrapping his arms around me. I accepted his hug and smiled.

Liam was my sister her boyfriend, I never really knew him, seen him, yes, but we have never gotten past the just saying hi phase. Only now I realised that he had never crossed my mind again after I lost my family.

I pulled away and looked at his grey eyes. They had a warm expression in them but something told me that it was just an illusion, or something forced. As if the dark path had been his road.

I need to get to know him. My trust has been broken too many times, I will not trust him until I know why his warm cover seems so cold.

'' Care for a walk?'' I said with a small smile, he nodded and chuckled.

'' I would be delighted.'' He replied.

I stood up and left the pub with one last look at the strange men that couldn't seem to look anywhere other than me, or rather us. One last flash appeared in his eyes before I walked outside the warm place into the cold night air.

It was storming rather hard, but I couldn't care less.

'' I never liked storms. It always makes me think there are angry demons high up in the sky'' Liam said. Apparently it did bother him, not for me to worry about.