3.1

Loella pov

* As I turned around my eyes met dull grey ones*

It was an old man, his hair was a mix between white and grey, or at least what was left of it. His back was crooked and he firmly hold on to his walking stick.

The man kept on staring at me and seconds later his shaking hand went up and he pointed his index finger at me.

''You.'' He said with a hoarse trembling voice.

I raised my eyebrow and started to feel uncomfortable.

'' Can I help you, sir?'' I asked politely. Something in the man seemed off. It was like all life was taken away from him, and he was nothing more than an empty shell. His eyes were dull and grey, but when I looked closer I saw black swirling around. It was as if it was the last bit of energy that stored itself in those lifeless eyes.

I wanted to get my wand out and see who this was, or rather what this was, but the man in front of me opened his mouth again.

'' You!'' He exclaimed louder. I looked around me, but no one else seemed to notice the shouting man.

'' Excuse me sir, is there something wrong?'' I asked, my voice steady and clear.

'' Your aura is very dark, YOU are so so dark, so so dangerous.'' He muttered against himself. He seemed like a madman, but for some reason I felt like he has never been this sane before.

He was talking about aura, about darkness and danger, something he seemed awfully familiar with.

'' You are a murderer aren't you? You hurt people without noticing it, you are feeding the hungry monster, you have made decisions that count for million of lives, you are even worse than the upcoming future. Can you believe it?'' He spoke and looked up with his eyes now wide open, there was no trembling in his voice, no more shaking.

It was as if he lit a fire of fury inside of me.

'' I am not a murderer, I am aware of every single thing I do, every single thing someone else does, every decision I make is indeed of great importance for millions of lives, and if you ever think that there is something or someone worse than the future, you are so so wrong.'' I said my voice hard and as cold as ice. My hands formed into fists.

And without thinking I waved my hand and his walking stick broke into a thousand pieces, his back turned straight with an awful lot of cracks and when I let go the force of the magic he fell down.

I immediately regretted what I had done, but I was way too shocked to do or say anything. Instead of the extremely vulnerable man I thought I would see, there was the same man, but laughing.

''I told you Loella, you hurt people without noticing it.'' He said, and when he looked up I saw pit black eyes, they were wide open and you could not see anything more than the black darkness.

He laughed again, with the most cruel sound that ever filled my ears. It was hoarse but high and covered with a thick layer of pain and misery.

His teeth were now all black, and his tongue was all bloody. It was as if the human inside the man was not supposed to talk, nor supposed to live.

'' What are you?'' I said with a monotone voice, where you could detect anger and doubt in.

'' Oh sweet girl, the question is, what am I not?'' The maniac in front of me asked.

'' Alive.'' I said in a whisper.

'' That is right, Loella. And you, you are going to end up just like me. It is your faith. Today we celebrate your 17th birthday,'' he said, '' Oh those wonderful 17 years, you are so cruel my dear.'' He chuckled.

'' Stay out of my mind.'' I said fuming with anger.

'' You can't kill me.''

'' And why is that?'' I asked.

'' Because I am already dead.'' He said, and started to walk closer.

He pointed at my heart, and I felt an unbearable amount of pain. Tears started to form in my eyes, but I could not defend myself in any way.

His eyes switched back to the dull grey for a few seconds, and all of a sudden he crumbled down into thick black ash.

The pain stopped, and when I blinked I was back into the dewy morning air, and with my hand on the graveyard. It was like it never happened.

I looked around, and saw all the people smiling and holding hands, some even cried.

But no trace of the man.

I thought about what he said.

You are feeding the hungry monster.

Did he mean Riddle? He was the only 'monster' I could think of. I was indeed feeding him with lies, challenges and unfamiliar emotions.

But it felt like it was the right thing to do. I have less, to no influence on him. It is not my problem to fix, but I want to show Riddle the thing that most people consider as the most beautiful gift, love.

You are even worse than the upcoming future.

What a joke.

I can not be praised by something that big.

A/N

I hope you're having a nice day

Don't forget to vote, comment and add!!❤️