Chapter Five|Living with char

April, 2017
Next day....

Sha'quria pov°
I woke up as my alarm went off. I got off the air mattress going in the bathroom to get ready for school.

I did my hygiene an got ready. I put on my black fitted dress, jean jacket, with my white fila shoes. I brush my hair up in messy curly bun. I added some lipstick and black an white accessories.

I walk out the bathroom ready I went in the kitchen to see ma ready for work. I sat down at the table as she stir in a pot of grits.

"Food almost done"she said. "Okay"I said lowly. She look at me then sat down. "Let me talk to you, look quira you're a strong girl I can see it in your eyes and heart I just wanna let you know that you're not alone so don't ever think that you're are i don't know what's wrong with your mama but she's gonna miss out on something special if she don't get her self together since I'm taking her role well I've been doing that I always look at like you're my own so I treat you like I would treat char both of y'all are my daughter's I just want to let you know that I love you know matter what"she said.

Tears slide down my face I got up from my seat hugging her. "If you don't mind but is it okay if she calls me nana or grandma"she ask. I nod my head "Yes it's okay and I always look at you as my mother too I love you ma"I told her as we hug.

"Okay let's put some food in y'all and stop all this crying"she said wiping my face. We let out a laugh as we wipe each others face.

Char came in ready for school. We are our food then left so we can catch the bus.

"So what you're planning on doing after you finish school we only got one more year left"she ask me as we got on the bus.

"Well I wanna go to college so I can be a florist and get my bachelor degree I wanna own my own flower shop I already got everything planned out"I told her as we sat in our usual seat.

"What about the baby"she ask whispering. "There's dorm colleges that has daycares and apartments around that area for rent so I was thinking about getting me a apartment, and put her in the daycare at school"I explain to her.

"So you just got everything planned out huh"she ask me I nod my head. "Yea I'm not gonna let her stop me I'mma take her everywhere I go"I told her.

"I give you props"she said. "What you mean"i ask looking at her. "Well you're taking things differently and still wanna go to college ya know have something for y'all future while most girls drop out of school and keep getting pregnant or finish school but don't want to get a job or go to college"she said.

"I guess but hey it's life I want to succeed I promise to be the best mother to her an I'mma keep my promise"I told her.

"Awe you're so sweet but to me you're a good mother now you didn't give up and you're planning y'all future"she said.

"Awe thanks char"I told her "Anytime"she said getting on her phone. I guess it's not gonna be that bad.

Living with char and her mom can help me an prepare me for the real world. That's why I'm I'mma start looking for me a job tomorrow so I can learn how to pay bills.

If I do get a job I'mma save up an get my own place and car. We made it to school we went inside the lunchroom going inside the line.

After getting our food we sat down. "Oh my gawd why"char groan. I look at her funny "What's wrong with you"I ask her. "Look behind you bitch"she said.

I turned around to see jamilah holding you a ultrasound passing it to everyone. What the hell how did she get that....wait I know she's not pregnant.

I shook my head imma just let it go but it's crazy he can be there for that bitch baby not ours but it's good.

I felt my eyes get watery I wipe my face and finish my food. The bell ring we got up going to our lockers.

"Looks like you're not the only one pregnant oh how it's feels to be homeless huh its funny cause your mama ask me to move in with her when I told her I was pregnant by raheem"jamilah said behind me.

I sigh why god why I can't get a break. I turned looking at her like she's stupid. Which she is she got pregnant because I'm pregnant that shit ain't cute it just makes you like stupid with her dumbass.

"First off she's not homeless she lives with me and why are you staying with your boyfriend auntie basically your mama kicked your crusty ass out too and you're glad to be pregnant what you're jealous or something get yourself together before coming at her"char said walking up getting in her face.

"Come on quira fuck her pathetic ass"char said grabbing my arm. We walk away leaving them standing there looking like tweetle dee tweetle dumb and dumber.

We went to class I sat in my seat as the class filled. Hopefully school goes smoothly after dealing with her. I laid my head down on my desk falling asleep.

*End Of School*
We got on the bus going home. School went by pretty quick and smooth like I wanted it to.

We made it home I went in the bathroom to take a shower. I got out an got ready for bed. Between school and this baby got me tired all I want to do is sleep and eat.

I walk out going in the kitchen fixing me some leftovers and noddles with ice cream, an pickles.

"Ew that's nasty"char said walking in. Ma gone she's at work so it's just us. "Your face nasty"I told her stuffing my face with ice cream.

"Don't you suppose to be eating healthy"she ask me with her narrow at me. I eyed her she snatch my ice cream away from me. She held it over the trash can. "Don't"I said with pleading eyes. She didn't listen she three it away anyways.

I got up going in refrigerator getting me some strawberries and pineapples. I chop them up in a bowl then put them in the blender making me a smoothie.

After it was done I poured it in a cup chugging it down. I went in the living room laying down.

I laid there thinking how my life has change. Pregnant, kicked out, still in school, I'm broken physically and mentally. I never look at myself like this but here i am. Your life can change in a split second, cause of stupid choices but I thank god for my baby there. It's a reason he sent her to me and I'm gonna cherish every moment with her. I close my eyes and falling asleep.

Sorry For Any Mistakes....

#read

#comment

#vote

#char and her mom so sweet

#Awe quira and Jessica had a moment 😍

(What she sleeping on in the mm above)