Epilogue (2/2)

This is where Every Game ends. Thank you for reading my story. I know I still have a lot to improve and I promise to be better, you deserve it. To be honest, I didn't really like writing but your support made me not just love it but embrace it, too. So... I owe you a lot. You changed me. Cheers to you, my readers. So here we are on the last page. I am finally closing this book. Remember Mads and Rocky, remember this story... remember this game. Remember that your life, your game. Hehe!

Now Playing: If We Fall In Love by Yeng Constantino

***

EPILOGUE

It has been fun playing this game and while having fun, I didn't notice how far I've become. This game changed my entire life. It saved me from drowning. It cleared my clouded mind and changed my perspective about things. But above all, this game made me braver --- something I didn't know could happen to a hopeless lonely brat boy.

I stopped typing on my phone when the girl sleeping beside me moved. Mula sa pagkakayuko sa kama ay umangat ang ulo nito. She narrowed those eyes while looking at me. Ilang segundo ang lumipas bago ito umayos ng upo, tila nahimasmasan. May mga ilang hibla pa ng buhok at tumatakip sa kanyang mukha.

"You're awake. Good morning," I gave her a sweet smile.

She pouted her lips. "Maayos na ba ang pakiramdam mo? The doctor said you just need to rest..." She started to glare at me. "Baliw ka ba? Naaksidente ka na pala pero hindi ka pa pumunta sa ospital."

I chuckled. "Ilang araw akong natutulog?" tanong ko.

"Almost two days." Tumayo ito at inayos ang unan sa ulo ko. "Bitawan mo muna ang phone mo, Rocky." Sinubukan niya akong ihiga pero nanatili akong nakaupo. Kumunot ang noo niya. "You still need to rest. Are you hungy? Do you want to eat something, huh?"

"Bakit hindi mo tinuloy?" tanong ko.

Sa una ay naguluhan ang tingin niya at nang makuha ay mapait na ngumiti ito. Bumuntong-hininga ito bago umupo uli sa tabi ko.

"I was scared with that thought of I would lose you again, but even more scared with the thought of ending my life just because of some jerk who can't even stay in one place." She pursed her lips, trying to mock me. "My fear of losing my own life is greater than my fear of losing you, honestly."

I bit my bottom lip as I moved closer to her.

Hindi naman siya kumilos.

"Y-You shouldn't even think of ending your life in the first place," I whispered to her, making sure she heard it clear. "No matter how hard life is, ending it doesn't make everything easier. Mads, do you hear me? Kahit saang anggulo mo tingnan, mali."

She nodded her head, gently. I could see how she much regret that and I am glad she knew that.

"I-I was... carried away," she swallowed hard. "I waited for you to come back, Rocky. Walang araw o gabi na hindi ako umasang babalik ka. At nung bumalik ka naman, nagpaalam ka ulit na aalis. It felt like... for once in my life, I needed to do something for you to stay. It really felt like... that was the only way. I'm sorry."

Hinawakan ko ang kamay niya at hinaplos 'yon.

"I thought you already forgot me," malungkot kong sabi. "Alam kong pwedeng mangyari 'yon. Magmula nung umalis ako nung gabing 'yon ay alam kong may posibilidad na makalimutan mo ako. It hurt me but that would be fine as long as I know you are happy, Mads."

"I was happy, Rocky," she mumbled. "Masaya naman ako nung wala ka. But it felt incomplete. I tried to forget you, I tried to save me. But whenever I try to, I always end up back to the first night of February."