fifteen

i stared at billie in awe of how beautiful she was smiling with her friends and telling them how much she missed them. i knew she had been involved with both brandon and aidan before, but i was never the jealous type. i was almost positive she only had eyes for me right now.

i stood back and watched, giving her time to catch up with them. after a minute she looked over at me with a huge grin on her face. "guys, this is joey."

"heard a lot about you, man." brandon stuck his hand out to shake mine and aidan gave me a smile. the twins then took their turns to greet me. i was meeting so many incredible people, it felt like a dream.

"you guys' music is incredible. bleaupro fucking slapped, and your singles are fire aidan." i told them, making them both smile. "and i watch all of your videos" i told the twins. "means a lot." aidan said and they all nodded. "yeah, thanks man." Eli grinned.

"you've heard their music?" billie butted in, sounding surprised.

"billie, i was part of the fandom. if they had anything to do with you, i was going to know what they were about."

"the fandom is crazy. but i love those beautiful little fuckers." billie laughed, causing us all to join in.

"so where are we going?" aidan asked.

"i was thinking we could just hang at the bus or something." billie shrugged.

"theres a club i can get you guys into later if you want." brandon offered.

"man, that's gotta be good." isaac said, smiling at him excitedly.

billie looked at me in a questioning way, waiting for my approval.

"i've never been to one before, but as long yall can put up with an innocent kid im down." i admitted.

"sweet." brandon said, pulling out his phone. "ill text my homies."

isaac clapped his hands, saying "let's get out of here." and we all walked out of the airport to find the rest of the family outside.

**

we walked about ten minutes before we reached where we had parked the bus. it had to be parked in a special spot as it was so big.

"we're going to explore, ill see you in a while billie." maggie kissed her forehead making billie smile embarrassedly. "i love you." billie waved as the rest of the family left, leaving just me, billie and her friends.

we made our way inside the bus and everyone made themselves at home without needing an invitation. "you guys hungry?" billie asked, opening the only press on the bus, filled with beans and doritos and takis. no one answered, too busy on their phones, but billie tossed a packet of doritos to everyone but me. she sat down next to me revealed two packets of takis. "we didn't have many left." she whispered and gave a wink, handing me one. i smiled brightly at her, but inside i was melting.

"hey!" isaac said, pointing at me. "how come she gets the takis?"

"because, isaac," billie smiled quietly, "joey is my girl."

isaac examined us for a moment before laughing, "that sounded gay for a minute."

billie glanced at me, taken aback. i just back smiled awkwardly.

"would you have a problem with that, isaac?" she asked. i looked at her, wondering if she was going to tell them about us. i was ok with whatever she did, if i could tell the whole world i would.

everyone was looking up now.

"no, i mean i just..." isaac started. "oh my god, are you guys a thing?" he sat up straight, and all the boys looked at eachother with shocked expressions.

billie looked at me again, studying my expression. i smiled, giving her a shrug, and she took that as a go-ahead.

"maybe." she giggled, hunching up her shoulders embarrassedly.

"yo!" brandon yelled, and everyone started laughing like it was the most surprising news in the world. i suppose it was pretty big, considering billie had denied liking girls at least a hundred times.

"i thought you were straight this whole time." aidan laughed and the rest of them nodded in agreement. "and joeys your first girl?"

"i wasnt allowed to be with girls because of the label, but i asked to take joey with me as a friend and then told them about... this." she explained to them as she snaked her arm around my waste, pulling me tight against her side, so close i could feel the heat of her body.

"damn." eli said, sticking a chip in his mouth and shaking his head, smiling.

"we haven't told everyone yet, though. only finneas and mike." billie told them.

"not even your parents?" aidan asked.

billie turned her head to face me. "it hasn't even been four full days, man." she said, looking back at the boys.

they all looked at us sitting together and just laughed at how unexpected this all was.

"so billie really just found you at a show in london, and four days later youre in paris and all over eachother?" brandon asked rhetorically and billie and i laughed, both blushing a little.

the next few hours were spent showing eachother memes and just talking.

**

"i need to pee." billie announced in her goofy voice, standing up and stretching.

"alright, and then we should get going to that club." brandon pointed out and we all nodded. "ill be five minutes." billie said before walking off.

everyone got up and started to get ready to go. maybe it was just me, but as brandon stood up, he seemed off. he looked at me weirdly, like i was an alien. i just hoped he didn't feel weird with billie and i. they both seemed chill when they met again, but i can't help but feel like there's something left untalked about considering how they ended things. of course, i didn't know details. billie would probably tell me about it when she was ready.

we eventually called a taxi and had a member of aidans security come with us. we piled into the seven seater and started to get excited. i was a little nervous because i had never been the 'going out' type, but i knew it would be fun being with billie. i wasn't planning on drinking or anything, and i was more worried that billie was going to than anything else.

as soon as we arrived, brandon was straight out. we watched him hug a guy who sounded american, he had probably moved from the us to paris.

i made sure i was out last. of course billies sweet ass was waiting for me.

she grabbed my hand and started to bring me inside. "billie" i said quietly from nervousness but she heard, thankfully. her head shot around to me. she looked at me with concern but still held a smile in her face.

"yeah?"

"are you gonna be drinking?" i decided i should ask, so i could prepare myself if i was going to be dealing with drunk billie.

she sighed and took my other hand with her other hand. "i don't drink, joey. i used to, but not anymore. we can talk about that later if you want? promise."

i let myself relax slightly and smiled at her. "ok."

she planted a kiss on my lips before leading us inside to the dark room with blaring music.