twenty one

*some parts of this chapter could be triggering! i love u guys, stay safe*

we hopped out of the car, two security guards sticking to us like magnets.

we had just gone thrifting all morning, it was now a bit past noon. the security were covering me like it was their only purpose so no pictures could be taken from any angle. it made me feel a bit embarrassed at first, but after a while i had forgotten all about them. spending time with billie, just talking, was so much fun. she found things that i never would have thought id wear.

we ended up getting a bit carried away, spending a couple hundred dollars on random shit. we were now just home, burdened with bags of things i was excited to wear.

"some homies of mine texted me about a party tonight, you want to go?" billie asked as we got inside. "sure." i smiled, seeing nothing wrong with it. we had stayed in the last few nights and frankly we had too much free time.

"we won't stay too late. once everyone's fucked up i don't want to be there." billie rolled her eyes.

"me neither." i chuckled.

**

i got changed into some red cargo pants, a black band tshirt and some black martins that i found for only ten dollars. i threw on a puffy coat over it to stay warm.

"you look hot." billie grinned.

"you always do." i replied, kissing her forehead quickly and siting down opposite her. we were eating something small before we drove to the party.

"you're not gonna disappear on me halfway through, are you?" i asked.

"of course not, why?" billie frowned.

"drunk people scare me, that's all." i shook my head.

"same. i get it." she chuckled.

we went out into the car and drove to the party. i was pretty excited to hang out with some of billie's other friends, she hadn't mentioned who they were so i assumed they weren't public figures or anything.

billie pulled up outside a house where there was a huge stream of people from outside to inside.

a little crowd of people cheered when billie hopped out of the car. "what's up, bil?" they hugged her. "this is joey." billie took my hand as i caught up to her. "mason." one of the guys said, shaking my hand. "calum." another guy nodded at me.

"you good, baby?" billie asked me, looking concerned. i admit i was a little intimidated by all these older people around me. i nodded back but tightened my grip on her hand.

"you guys are... together?" mason looked shocked.

"yeah we are." billie said enthusiastically, looking at me. mason nodded and turned away. he was probably jealous, and it filled me with pride.

we sat inside and got comfortable on a couch. there was a group of men in their early twenties sitting around us, mason and calum part of it. this was more of a chill party than the last one, which i liked.

a few hours passed, the people around us had up and left so billie and i were just talking between ourselves. every once in a while someone would join us and talk before leaving too.