Chapter 2

Art from The Billie Eilish Experience.

______

I internally started to panic as I re-read the notification a few more times. I took a deep breath and after a few seconds I finally decided to "bravely" click the notification. I waited a bit anxiously as my phone loaded. After about 5 seconds, the conversation popped up. I immediately accepted the conversation request, read what she had sent, and responded.

(Billie will be the bold italicized, Avery will be normal italics)

Hey I just wanted to say that I think your cover is dope! You've got an amazing voice

Omg! Thank you so much! This means so much coming from you! I honestly didn't even think you would see it haha that's crazy!

I felt giddy after responding. I mean, it's not everyday that your favorite music artist messages you to compliment your singing. I was about to check if she had responded again when I saw that Jayda was calling me. I hit the answer button.

"Hey!" I said happily.

"Hi... You sound overly happy this morning... Umm, I was just calling to remind you that we're all meeting at 12:30 at the mall."

"Alright. I've got something interesting to tell you guys when we get there!!" I said.

"Is this interesting thing the reason you're in such a good mood?" She asked.

"Yep!"

"Alright, well that gives you another reason to hurry up and get dressed! I'll see you in an hour!"

"Bye Jayda!" I said and hang up the phone. After that, I quickly got up and ran to go take a shower.

_______

I walked into the food court at the mall and immediately spotted my friends. I quickly made my way over to the table they were all sitting at and practically threw myself into one of the seats.

"Okay guys! Something mind blowing happened this morning!" I said excitedly, after scaring all of them by appearing out of nowhere.

"Sweet Jesus where did you come from?!" Gabby asked with her hand over her heart.

"My car...?" I said half questioningly. Then I shook my head."That's not important. You'll never believe what happened!"

"You finally got a girlfriend after all these years?" Jayda asked. I glared.

"No.."

"You won the lottery?" Michelle asked excitedly.

"Okay, you guys are thinking way too far off... Billie Eilish messaged me!" I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Haha. And Tom Holland is my husband." Michelle said. Michelle is obsessed with Marvel. Her favorite hero is Spiderman. Tom Holland is her favorite actor. 

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone. I went to Instagram and pulled up the messages to show them.

"Boom. She did message me and I'm not lying!" I said.

"Huh... Welp, I guess Tom Holland is my husband now." Michelle said with a shrug.

"That's insane, dude!" Gabby said with a smile. "Good job!"

"Uh, Avery?" Jayda said.

"Hm?" I asked while looking away from a picture Michelle was showing me.

"She just messaged you again." At these word everyone at the table started to freak out. I took my phone back from Jayda, who had been holding it. I read the message and couldn't stop the small blush and smile that appeared on my face.

"What does it say, Avery?!" Gabby asked.

"It says Well I'm glad I noticed your video! It's not everyday that I come across super talented people like you. Keep it up girl! You're gonna go places."

"Aww, Avery! That's so sweet!" Jayda gushed. I smiled a bit more and typed a response.

Aw, well thank you! That's honestly one of the nicest things someone's ever said about my singing! I'll definitely keep it going! 💕

"Ooh, looks like someone has a crush~" Michelle sang quietly in my ear. I choked on the air I was breathing.

"Avery are you alright?" Gabby asked. I nodded after a couple of seconds, directing a small glare in Michelle's direction. She wore a shit eating grin as she continued to play on her phone. After a few more minutes of us all sitting there, I finally spoke again.

"So, are we all just gonna sit around here all day, or are we gonna actually get some shopping done?"