Chapter 3

A/n: Art is mine :)

----------------

It had been a few weeks since I'd posted my cover of Wish You Were Gay, and I decided I wanted to post another cover. It obviously wouldn't be as popular since Billie was the one who got my cover to have over 60K likes, but it would still be fun to do! After a few minutes of debating, I decided that I would sing the song Cigarette Daydreams by Cage the Elephant. I was going to do a song from the new album Billie had just released, but I didn't wanna seem repetitive with my song choices. I set up my equipment and began my cover.

--------------

I woke up to my loud alarm going off. I groaned.

"Oh my God, I hear you!" I said in annoyance as I turned off the alarm. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes while looking at the clock. 6:15. Ugh, I hate school days... Especially Mondays.

After just sitting there for a bit, I finally got myself out of my bed. I did my usual morning routine and grabbed my school stuff. I went downstairs and fished through the cabinets to find something small to bring with me for breakfast. After looking for a few seconds, I found some pop tarts. I grabbed one and, after seeing that it was already 7:05, walked out the door. My parents were probably already at work. They normally go to work early and stay until late at night so I rarely see them until the weekends.

I walked to school while occasionally glancing down at my phone. As I was looking at my phone, I tripped and basically shoulder checked someone. I shot my head up to apologize, but the person didn't really seem to care. She barely looked back. All I saw was black hair, a blue eye that I managed to see as she had halfway turned around, and baggy clothing. I shrugged as I continued my walk to school.

As soon as I got to the school, Gabby and Jayda ran up to me.

"Avery!! Have you heard about what's going on??!" Gabby yelled.

"Uh... No..? Seems like I've been out of the loop on everything recently." I said with a small laugh.

"Well, allow me to fill you in!" Jayda said with excitement clear in her voice. She took a breath to talk and then Michelle ran over.

"BILLIE IS PERFORMING HERE!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!" She screamed. I felt my eyes widen.

"No way! You're kidding??" I asked in disbelief. The school had never done something like this before. Jayda pouted a bit as she looked at Michelle.

"I was gonna tell her!" She said.

"Oh... Whoops..?" Michelle smiled sheepishly as she dug her hands into the pocket of her Spiderman hoodie to grab her phone. She went to the school's website and showed me the small article. I skimmed over it, feeling excitement bubbling up. 

"This is actually insane!" I practically squealed. Gabby nodded.

"We have to buy our tickets by Thursday because the performance is this Friday!"  She said.

"By Thursday?!" I asked. Wow, the school must be really excited about this.

"Yep! But, good news is that the ticket prices were cut way down from what they normally are since we're highschool students." Jayda said.

"We can also get VIP passes just to go up and meet her and shit, but they cost a little bit more than the normal tickets... Obviously." Michelle said.

"Well, where do we buy the tickets at? I'm gonna go ahead and buy mine before everyone else does!" I said.

"They're selling them in the main office. Let's goo!" Jayda said while speed walking to the school building. Gabby, Michelle, and I tried to keep up with her. I was failing. Jayda was a fast walker. She was on the track team so obviously she was gonna be fast, but c'mon man! As we basically sprinted inside the school, I lost track of Gabbie and Michelle. While I was in the middle of scanning the hall for them, my foot caught on something and I felt myself falling to the ground.

Well shit.... Why does this always happen to me??!

I squeezed both of my eyes shut and braced for impact with the floor. After a few seconds of not feeling my fave hit the ground, I opened one eye to see what was going on. I slowly opened the other when I realized I had been caught by someone.

"Yo, you good?" I heard a girl's voice from slightly above me. I looked up and was met with bright blue eyes.

"Uuhhh.... Yeah, I'm fine... I just tripped..." I said awkwardly, realizing the girl was still holding me. She must have noticed as well because she slowly stood me up into standing position. Now that I was actually standing up straight and could see the person in front of me, I felt my mouth fall open and my eyes widen.

"W-Wait... You're... B-"

"Hey, you're the chick who knocked into my shoulder this morning!" She said in more of a joking tone. "Man, you gotta find a better way to approach people. You're just gonna end up tripping over someone and falling on your ass some day."

I was still in slight shock, but I smiled, "Yeah... I guess you're right.." I said with a small laugh. We both stood there for a few seconds before she spoke again.

"So... Do I get to know the name of the girl that keeps falling for me?" She joked with a small smile. I felt my face heat up a bit but replied nonetheless.

"Oh, uh yeah... My name is Avery. Avery Hayes." I smiled at her. I saw her eyes widen in some sort of recognition. Before she could say anything, I heard my name being called.

"Avery! There you are! C'mon man we need to go get th-" Michelle cut herself off as she stated at the person in front of me. The black haired girl put on her signature "resting bitch face" as she calls it and stared at Michelle. She was probably trying to look intimidating.

"Holy shit..." I heard Michelle whisper as Gabby and Jayda ran over to see what was taking so long. Each of them had the same reaction while I stood there awkwardly glancing back and forth between my friends abd Billie. I saw the girl look at me out of the corner of her eye as she raised an eyebrow, basically asking me if I knew these three.

"Uh... These are my friends Jayda, Gabby, and Michelle." I said, pointing to each of them as I named them off. She nodded in response.

"What's up dudes? I'm-" Jayda cut her off with a kind of loud whisper, trying not to attract anyone else's attention.

"You're Billie Eilish..."