Chapter 8

A/n: this is a really long chapter (for me at least). I didn't really re-read it to check for mistakes :)

I groggily opened my eyes, not exactly wanting to be awake. I smacked my hand around my bedside table for my phone. After a few seconds, my hand had found the slender box and I brought it to my face. I clicked on the power button to see the time.

12:51
Saturday, May 30

I shot up out of bed and hurriedly got dressed. I completely overslept. My alarm was set for 11:15 and instead I wake up at 12:50?! This is ridiculous! I sprinted downstairs and was almost out of the living room when I heard someone call for me. I froze in my spot.

"Avery! Where are you going in such a rush?" My dad said. Then another all too familiar voice chimed in.

"Oh, Avery, you're finally up. Good morning, sleeping beauty."

I slowly turned toward the couch and saw, not just my dad, not just my mom, but both of my parents, Finneas, and Billie. I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Uh, hey... H-How long have you guys been here..?" I asked, concerned that my parents had said something embarrassing. You can imagine how absolutely mortified I was when I saw the book of baby pictures on the living room table. My eyes trailed from the book to Billie, who had a smirk on her face.

"Well, we got here at about 11:50 and sat in the car til about 12:05. That's when your parents saw us and invited us in."

"Avery, you never told us you had such attractive friends!" My mom said, giving a glance toward Finneas. After that I wanted to leave the room.

"Y-Yeah... Attractive friends, haha..." I trailed off. Then my dad stood up and walked over to me. He had a serious look on his face as he gently grabbed my arm and dragged me into the kitchen. When we got there, he turned to face me and put his hands on my shoulders. He then had a sudden mood change.

"Is this the Billie that you went to hangout with last weekend?" He asked, excitement written all over his face.

"Uh, yep. That's her."

"She seems like such a sweet girl! I see that you both have hit it off pretty well!" All of a sudden, his expression turned serious again, "So, you're going to her house today?"

"....Yes..?"

"I want to make sure there isn't going to be any funny business going on. I know you can't get pregnant, but there's still ways you can protect yourself!" He started rambling loudly; I'm almost positive they could hear him in the living room.

"Dad!!" I exclaimed in embarrassment.

"I'm just making sure my little girl is safe!" He said with a determined look on his face.

"Ugh... Okay, dad... I get it.."

"Good! Now let's go back into the living room!" He smiled as he lead the both of us back to the room. I could feel the blush of embarrassment on my face as we walked back into the room. My mom gave my dad a look, as if she was telling him to tone it down. My dad has always been very loud and says what's on his mind with no hesitation. Billie and Finneas stood up from the couch.