Chapter 17

A/N: The wording might be slightly off within the scenes from the game, but they will convey the same idea.

The men, except Micah and Kieran, rode together through the night.

There was an unspoken power that seemed to be moving with them. It was as if nothing could keep them from destroying the people that took Jack and Jane.

"I swear, I'll kill all of them," John said, seething.

"John, I understand you're upset, but I need you to stay calm," Dutch said. "We will get you your boy back, I give you my word. And we will get Jane."

Arthur felt like one of the geysers at Cotorra Springs. They had taken two people that he loved dearly. To take a young boy, that was low. And Jane. His whole chest seemed to be squeezed when someone said her name. He didn't even know if she was his anymore, but he would kill anyone that touched her.

They arrived at the Braithwaite manor. Tensions were high, and everyone had a gun in their hands. If Jane and Jack were here, then they were going to get them.

"We should go on foot from here," Dutch said as he dismounted, which everyone did as well. They gathered around him as he hid being one of the pillars.

"First Sean, now Jack and Jane. We should have stayed out of all this," Lenny said he dismounted.

"Bit late for that, ain't it?" Bill snapped.

"Come on, let's get this done," Dutch said, but placed a hand on John's chest. "John, you sure you're okay?"

"Like I said," John said solemnly, "I'm fine."

Dutch released him, and started towards the house. "Follow my lead. Both these redneck families think they can ruin us? I don't think so." They started down the long road to the house, forming a line.

As they did, a couple of men came outside the house.

"There they are," Hosea said.

"Who steals a Goddamn boy?" Dutch grumbled.

John was barely keeping it together. "I'm gonna let fly at those sons of bi-"

"John," Dutch said, interrupting him, "I need you to stay calm." He directed his attention to the manor. "Get down here now! You inbred trash!" He waved his rifle in the air, evident that this was not a peaceful coming.

"What the hell do you want?" Called one of the Braithwaites.

John rushed forwards, but Hosea placed a hand on his arm. "Easy, John."

"We've come for the boy and the lady!" Dutch yelled. "You must've known we would."

The slimy man didn't back down from Dutch. "You shouldn't have messed with our business now, should you?"

Three Braithwaite men stood, with Dutch standing against them. The rest of the gang's men stood scattered behind him.

"Whatever complaint you have with us- alleged, or otherwise- those are two innocent people. The lady and young boy had nothing to do with this. That is not the way you do things. Hand them over."

But the Braithwaite wouldn't budge. "Get the hell off our land."

As if on cue, several more men emerged from the door on the balcony, posing more of a threat between Arthur and finding her.

"If you ain't gonna be civilized about this," Dutch trailed off, then raised both his pistols and started shooting.

This started a whole brawl. The gang rushed to cover while the enemy sprayed bullet at them.