Preface

*Special Note* there will be some editing done on the first few chapters. Another note because the main character is 5 in this chapter she will be talking and thinking like 5-year-old, for those who are wondering. So please have patience with the story.

I was only five when I saw my first pokemon battle, it was when my big brother, John, was challenged by a trainer to see who's pokemon was the strongest. It was John's Pidgeotto against the other trainers Raticate, and Raticate was as big as Pidgeotto, I hope my brother won't lose.

"Looks like my Raticate won't have any fun battling such an easy opponent." The trainer said.

"We'll see," John said.

"You can do it Pidgeotto!" I cheered.

"Raticate use Quick Attack," the guy ordered.

"Pidgeotto, use Gust," my brother countered, right when Raticate was running to Pidgeotto he flapped his wings and a lot of dust covered Raticate and the trainer.

Before it was clear all of a sudden the Raticate jumped up and swiped at Pidgeotto, almost getting him down.

"It'll take more than that to beat me," the guy said, "Raticate use Tackle!"

"Pidgeotto use your Quick Attack!" John shouted.

It was too late Raticate jumped before  Pidgeotto got him and slammed down on him and he squawked.

"Pidgeotto!" John yelled.

"Now to finish it, use Hyper Fang Raticate!"

"Pidgeotto move!"

Then in a flash Pidgeotto got up but he stayed on the ground, he took a lot of damage.

"Let's finish this! Raticate, Hyper Fang again!" He commanded.

"Nooo!" I yelled.

But right when Raticate was gonna bite Pidgeotto, Pidgeotto started glowing. He was glowing and looked like he was changing.

The glowing stopped but Pidgeotto looked different. He was way bigger and had hair going all down to his back.

"Wow you evolved into Pidgeot!" John said shocked and happy.

The trainer looked surprised and yelled, "What!!"

"Wow." I just whispered amazed.

"Alright Pidgeot, use Whirlwind!" John said, and Pidgeot took in the air like lighting. Then he used his attack, sending huge amounts of air that I covered myself.

"Raticate use Tackle!" His trainer yelled angrily, but Raticate couldn't see anything because of all the dust.

"Now's our chance, Pidgeot use Quick Attack!"

Pidgeot raced to Raticate right before he could see him, he smacked into Raticate sending him then air, he hit the ground and had swirls in his eyes.

The trainer got upset and put Raticate back in his pokeball.

"You got lucky kid." He said, "I'll be back for a rematch soon," he added storming off.

I went up to my brother and hugged him, "Haha, yay i knew you could do it big brother," I cheered.

"Heh thank you Emily, but don't give me all the credit." He added.

Pidgeot squawked suddenly, "Good job Pidgeot," I said touching his feathers, he bent down rubbing his head on my hair and churred.