Chapter Six: Kitty Litter

CONTENT WARNING: Drug use

————————

'You're really going away the whole weekend?' asked Zoë over the phone.

Nick sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. 'I need a break. And I want to see Brian. It'll be good for me to get away from Windfield for a couple of days.'

'Well,' she said, 'I know there's not much I can do to stop you, short of having Richard arrest you or something.'

Nick laughed. 'No need for that, I hope. Look, I know you worry, but I can take care of myself. We're going to a concert, he's playing. I'll be fine.'

'All right. Just promise to be careful, okay? And Nick, if you're going to keep going to Birmingham to see Brian, I want to meet him. I know he's not your boyfriend, and I know you feel safe with him, but I still want to see for myself what kind of person he is.'

'Fine. Next time, I'll invite him to come visit and you can meet him, okay?'

'Good. Well, don't let me keep you. Have fun.'

'I will. Bye.' Nick hung up. It was going to be a good weekend. He could feel it.

* * *

Brian picked him up at the bus station, delivering the customary kiss, and they went to his place. It was a tiny two bedroom flat that he shared with Dom, the guitarist from Adolescent Pushback. Nick knew that Dom and Brian had been shagging at some point, but these days they were strictly friends.

Nick put down his stuff in Brian's room, and Brian was on him in seconds, kissing him and pushing him down onto the bed. Nick moaned softly, feeling Brian's strong body on top of him, his lips and teeth on his throat. Brian palmed Nick through his jeans, before undoing them and taking him in hand. Nick tried to get at Brian's fly, but the other stopped him.

'No. Right now, I just want to make you feel good. You need this. We'll have plenty of time for more later.'

Nick arched his back. It didn't take long. Brian was right; he did need it. Somehow, Brian always knew how to give him what he needed.

Afterwards, Nick took a shower, and when he returned to the bedroom, Brian was already dressed up and ready to go. He looked beyond hot, in tight jeans and a tank top with some band logo or another on it, showing off his sleeve tattoos. Nick opted for his favourite grey skinny jeans and a Placebo t-shirt. He tried to do something about his hair, but Brian pulled him away from the mirror, combing his fingers through it.

'Don't change your hair. It looks really hot. Youlook really hot. Fuck, if we weren't going out, I'd get you right out of those clothes again and have my way with you.'

Nick almost whimpered. Instead he put his arms around Brian and kissed him deeply. 'Sure we can't just do that instead?' he murmured.

'Hey, I said I was taking you out, so I'm taking you out. We'll have a great time, I promise. And, I talked about trying new things, so . . .' Brian fished a tiny ziplock bag out of his pocket. Inside were a few colourful pills.

'What's that?' asked Nick.

'MDMA,' said Brian. 'It's harmless. It'll make you high and happy. You can have one now, or wait until we get there, it's up to you. I'm gonna wait until we're there. I know the people at the door, so I can get you in without an ID, but I should probably be sober for that.'

'I'll wait too, then.' Nick smiled. If Brian was taking it himself, Nick trusted him.

They hopped on a bus that took them three stops into the city centre, where they walked a couple of blocks before stopping outside a building with a giant rainbow flag outside. Nick could feel more than hear the thumping bass of the music being played inside. There was a bit of a queue, but not too bad. Brian, however, took him by the hand and went straight up to the door.