Chapter Seven: Post Blue

Nick felt hot, and he felt electric, and he felt horny. He'd been dancing with Brian, grinding against him, making out, feeling so, so good. He'd had a few cocktails, and the pill he had taken had made him feel all fuzzy. The beat of the music pounded in his ears, creating intense colours in his mind. It was like he could taste it. He wanted to touch everyone.

And then Dave had been there, right there, his Dave. Kissing someone else, but that didn't matter, because Nick had kissed Dave too. Felt his lips, his tongue, his heat. Then Brian had come and taken him away.

'Noooo!' he whined as Brian pulled him up some stairs. Nick was clinging to Brian's arm. His soft, warm skin felt comforting. 'He was there . . .'

'He was,' said Brian as they reached the top of the stairs, and steered Nick in the direction of a bar. It was quieter up here. Nick didn't like the relative quiet, and tried to break free of Brian so he could go back downstairs and find Dave, at the same time as he wanted more of Brian's skin to touch. Everything felt very confusing.

Brian sat him down on a barstool and Nick decided to stay put, for now. A large glass of water was placed in his hand, and he drank it quickly, because now that he thought about it, he was really thirsty.

Brian sat on a stool next to him and took the glass out of his hand when it was empty. 'I'm sorry, babe. Didn't know you'd react so strongly. Probably shouldn't have mixed in the alcohol . . .' He reached out and rubbed Nick's shoulders, and Nick mewled and leaned into the touch, eyes slipping shut. 'I should get you home,' said Brian.

Nick shook his head. 'No, we can stay like this. This is nice.'

Brian chuckled, and then his lips were on Nick's, his arms around him, and his hands all over him.

'Oi!' said the bartender sharply. 'No shagging at the bar, please.'

Brian reluctantly pulled away. 'Need to get you home, Nick. I want more of you.'

Nick nodded meekly. 'Okay. Let's go home.'

Brian hailed them a cab when they got outside. They held each other the entire way to the flat, a trip that took all of five minutes but felt timeless. When they stumbled into Brian's bedroom, they were all over each other in seconds. Nick trembled with need, impatient, begging Brian to just fuck him already, though Brian had enough presence of mind to prep him properly and put on a condom first.

It was slow and soft and hard and fast all at the same time. Nick lost himself in it, slipping in and out of consciousness, Brian's skin against his sending shocks of electricity all through his body. When he came, it was so intense that he couldn't make a sound, eyes wide, mouth open, gasping. They collapsed together in a tangle of limbs, and Nick fell asleep with Brian still inside him.

* * *

Nick woke up, feeling like something had crawled inside his mouth and died. He was sweaty and sticky and in dire need of a shower and a toothbrush. His head was pounding, and his stomach hurt. He didn't feel like he needed to be sick, but he definitely needed a toilet. Brian had a leg and an arm draped over him, and Nick tried to untangle himself without waking him up, but with little luck, as Brian roused next to him and kissed his neck.

'Morning, beautiful,' he murmured.

'Morning.' Nick's voice felt hoarse and he cleared his throat. 'Hey, I really need the toilet. And a shower. And to brush my teeth.'

Brian groaned and pulled away from him a bit. 'Me too, but you can go first. Wow, that was some pretty intense rolling last night.'

'Yeah.' Something had happened, Nick knew that, but his brain was fuzzy. He remembered having fun, though. He rolled out of bed, found his toothbrush and his pants (they were inside his jeans; they must have been in a hurry last night), and went to the bathroom.