F L A S H B A C K

5  Y E A R S  A G O

taehyung looked at his family sitting on the couch in front of him with a few tears falling down his cheeks. "mom, dad, chunja... i-i'm gay..." a loud gasp left his mothers mouth a long with his younger sister. his father stood up extending an arm and pointing to the door 

 "get out... get out of this house, now. I refuse to have a gay son." taehyung's feet rooted to the ground as he blinked in disbelief 

"w-what...?" his voice was shaky and full of fear.

P R E S E N T

taehyung woke up in his room and sat up quickly with tears streaming down his face. his hair was messy and his breath was shortened. he ran a hand through his hair. ms.yoona the lady in charge of the orphanage came into the room taking note of the crying boy. "oh dear! are you alright taehyung?" she rushed to his side sitting on the edge of he bed rubbing her hand up and down taehyung's back soothingly. her presence only caused more tears to form in his eyes. 

"i-i'm fine mam...just another flashback." taehyung replied with a sniffle wiping his tears with the sleeve of his sweater. ms.yoona nodded her eyes full of sadness as she continued to comfort the boy. ms.yonna had always favored taehyung. she was one of the few people that knew about his sexuality. she was always there for taehyung like a second mother.

"alright," she said standing up slowly a few minutes later "when you're ready come down. everyone else is already at the table ready for breakfast. oh, and taehyung?"

"yes mam?" he looked up at her with puffy eyes from crying.

"happy 18th birthday" she smiled at him before heading out the door. taehyung smiled for second getting up from the bed to get changed into some casual clothes. his room was already packed for him to head off to college. another thing ms.yoona had done for him. one you turned 18 you were supposed to leave the orphanage to be put back on the streets. if it was up to ms.yoona she would take one everyone but sadly enough, it wasn't. it was the law. ms.yoona paid for taehyung to go to college knowing the boy was smart and his skill should not be wasted. plus she couldn't bear the thought os him being on the streets again.

taehyung looked around his room at all of the boxes before heading downstairs to eat breakfast with his orphan family one last time. he came down the steps and saw streamers hanging from the ceiling with balloons scattered across the floor. he walked over to the dining table where 15 different kids ages 4 to 16 were sitting making taehyung the eldest. the youngest orphan, mark ran up to taehyung and hugged him. "happy birthday taehyunghie hyung!" he hugged taehyung tightly.

taehyung laughed lightly gettin down on his knees to hug the child back a few other kids running towards him to join the hug. "aww~ thank you. i'm going to miss you guys..." ms.yoona laughed at the kids in a group hug. 

"come on kids~ let's eat breakfast before taehyung has to start loading his things into the car."