Chapter 13

Countdown: 7 weeks until World's Dance Competition

Delaney POV

"It isn't that hard. Just pay attention. She moves inwards as the boys move outwards." I tell the dancers. They drag out the word oh finally understanding the move I've been trying to teach them for 2 hours now.

They get in their positions and do the move and I mutter "Finally." It was getting dark and time was dwindling by. Acelynn was sleeping with the new dog I got her. The service dog named Venti, she's a golden retriever who was born a little over 1 pound and 1 pound equals 20 ounces.

And 20 ounces is also the size of a venti drink which is why they named her Venti.

Venti is a seizure alert dog who can warn me when Acelynn is just minutes away from having an attack. Venti warns me by barking really loud or pulling at my pants. Venti, Acelynn, Cleo and Adelaide were sleeping together.

I took Cleo with me today because Princess had a meet and greet. I took Addy with me because Billie was supposed to babysit her but she had a last minute meeting for her upcoming tour.

If I'm being honest, Addy was showing some suspicious behavior. She wasn't that talkative as Cleo and Acelynn. She wasn't that comfortable around everyone as much. She had a bruise on her cheek, I asked her about it but she said she fell.

But something tells me there's more going on. "DD?" I hear the nickname that Addy and Cleo say. I turn around to see it came from Addy. "Yes?" I respond.

"What time is it?" She asks. "8." I say. She frowns and I crouch down to her height. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"Do I have to go home?" She says quietly. "You don't want to?" I say.

She nods her head looking down. I sit down bringing her into my lap. "Why not? Don't you want to go see your mommy?" I ask genuinely concerned. What kid doesn't want to go home?

"I don't have a mommy." Addy says. "Oh..." I drag out the word. "Daddy says I did it." She says, wait what is that supposed to mean. She did it? "You did it?" I ask for clarification

"I don't know mommy." She says. Ok, now I'm confused. She doesn't have a mom, she doesn't know her mom and she's told that she did it by her father and her father is Billie's manager.

A Few Hours Later

Delaney POV

We were back at the house and I was on the couch. I was on my laptop doing some work for the competition. I hear noise and laughter somewhere in the house.

It's obviously the twins with the others doing a challenge video. Acelynn, Addy and Cleo were playing around with Venti. They were running and my attention is directed towards Adelaide.

The wind from her running lifts her shirt up a little. But enough for me to see more bruises. I think not to ask Addy about it and let her play because she looks happy but I have to talk to Billie about this.

I close my laptop, and I walk into the room where everyone is. They see me and Eli says "Delaney, are you going to join us?"

"I would love to but I need to steal Billie for one second." I say. "What no! She was just about to do her dare!" Eli says.

"Well wait, she'll be back." I say. "B-" I cut him off by saying "Elijah." He shrugs and I grab Billie's arm and I pull her out of the room bringing her back to the living room.

We sit on the couch as I say "We need to talk."

"About what?" She asks giggling. "This isn't funny." I say.

"What's wrong?" She asks now concerned.

"It's about Adelaide, she said some stuff today."

"Like what?"

"She doesn't want to go home. She also said something about her not having a mother?" I ask suspiciously.

"Oh." Billie says quietly. "Her mother died while giving birth to Addy." She says. "But Addy said that her dad says she did it." I say.

Billie raises an eyebrow and laughs "Micheal would never tell Addy that. He's the sweetest guy I know." She says.

"Then why would Adelaide say that?" I ask.

"I don't know? Probably some joke." She shrugs it off. "Billie. She has bruises." I say. Billie looks up at me in a now serious matter. "You're kidding." She says before calling Addy over. Addy runs over and Billie places her in her lap.

"Where?" She asks. "To start. On her face." Billie looks at her cheek and an aroma of sadness comes over us. She lifts up her shirt slightly revealing more bruises on her stomach and back.

Billie gasps as Addy pulls her shirt down quickly. "Stop!" Addy yells before getting off of Billie's lap and running into the bathroom. Billie tries to get up and go after her but I put her down. "She needs space right now." I say.

"What does all of this mean?" She asks almost in tears. "It's simple when you put two and two together. Micheal is blaming Adelaide for her mother's death and because of that, he's hurting her." I say.

"But I know Micheal, he's a good guy. He would never do that." She retaliates. "Billie, you don't know everyone like you think you do. He's the only possible person who could be doing this to her." I say.

She nods asking "What do we do now?"

"We can let her stay the night? And we have to think about reporting this." I say.

A few hours later

Billie POV

I hear the doorbell ring and I open it to see Micheal is here to pick up Addy. "Hey Mikey." I say. "Hey Bil. Can you tell Addy I'm here?" He asks.

"If you don't mind, can Addy stay the night?" I ask. He makes a face. "That's sudden, why?" He asks. "Uh... They want to have a sleepover! Ok bye!" I say quickly closing the door, but he stops it. I groan quietly opening the door back up.

"Yes?" I ask. "Can I see her?" He asks. "Uh she's sleeping right now, they had a long day." I make a quick lie. He nods suspiciously before saying bye and getting back into his car and driving away.

That was close. "Did daddy leave?" Addy asks hiding behind my leg. "Yea, come on. Let's get y'all to bed." I say.

Delaney POV

I park my car at the police station and I lock the car and I walk in. I go to the front desk where the man says "Hello. How can I help you?"

"I'd like to report child abuse."

Heyyyyyy....... So I'm going to be updating this story every other day because I have another story that I'm gonna update too called You Don't Know Me 2. So that's my schedule: Different, You Don't Know Me, Different. Like a pattern. Bye babies and thanks for 1k reads love you all!