Chapter 28✅

Delaney POV

"Ready?" I ask Billie. She playfully glares at me. "No, I'm nervous as fuck." She says. "Why? You're gonna do amazing." I say.

"It's so many people out there and what if I have a wardrobe malfunction or what if I fall or what if people see the hickies you left on me?"

I laugh a little, "No one is going to see the hickies because you basically have a turtle neck on and plus you tempted me to fuck you so you can't use that against me." I say.

"How are you not nervous, you're dancing a solo and with a group." She says. I shrug, "I told you, when it comes to dance, I'm never nervous." I say, "Plus with the solo, it's only like a little hip-hop thing and it's a lot of dancers going up, I'm just the last one."

She rubs her hands together before breathing out. "Hey. I'm nervous about the kids."

"Why? They'll be fine."

"I'm pretty sure they're not because you decided to give them cotton candy." I say. She rolls her eyes saying "I didn't think it would that much sugar."

"Cotton Candy is literally just sugar." I say and she sinks in her seat. "Girls, are you ready to go?" I look behind me expecting to see Acelynn and Adelaide, but I don't see anyone.

"Uh, where are they?" I ask.

"Oh, Acelynn pulling Ariana Grande's dress and Addy's talking with Lizzo." Billie casually says.

I look out the window to see Acelynn caught the attention of Ariana and she picks her up. "I'll go get Addy, you get Acelynn." Billie says.

I walk out of the car and there are immediate flashes and clicks. I smile waving a little before making my way to Acelynn. Ariana turns around facing me. I'm taller than her, so she's looking up to me.

"W-woah, you're uh.." Ariana stutters, I raise an eyebrow. "Uh sorry, Billie wasn't lying." She says.

I laugh a little before asking "Lying about what?"

"You're hot." She blurts out before covering her mouth. She hands me Acelynn and I hug her. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that. I'm just shocked, how do you get your abs, do you work out or?"

"I mean if you count dancing as working out, then yes. I'm sorry she was bothering you." I refer to Acelynn. Ariana smiles saying "It was no problem, good luck."

I thank her before walking off. "Delaney! Do you mind if we talk to you for a hot second." A young girl asks me.

I nod my head before walking to her. "Hello, I'm Kimberly and I just wanted to ask you a few questions." She says.

"Okay." The camera man counts down and Kimberly starts "Today is the night you don't want to miss, today we are here with Delaney Glazer, the new face of dance, who is nominated for 3 Grammys and is recieving the Mother of the Year Award. How do you think of this nominations Delaney?"

"I mean it's all new to me, this was not something I wanted nor was I expecting it, but it's good news and we'll just wait for the names." I say.

"Yes, good luck. People have learned a while ago that you in fact have a daughter, who's with you right now. Her name is Acelynn correct?"

"Yes, say hi Acelynn." Acelynn waves a little before sinking her head in my neck. "Many people want to know, how are you managing all of this along with being a teen mother?"

"Motherhood is very hard regardless of whether your 17 or 25. It hasn't been easy to manage at all, if Im honest, like I'm not seeing my daughter as much as I used to because it's either I'm teaching or at an interview, which is why I bring her to these events, like a mommy daughter date." Acelynn giggles a little.

"So it is rumored that there will be a tribute video before you accept you accept Mother of the Year Award, is this true?"

"It is true, I'm excited to see how it turns out." Kimberly smiles before clearing her throat before saying "If you don't mind me asking, how is Acelynn's relationship with her father? Is her father even present in her life?"

My smile instantly fades, this is not something I want to talk about. Is she even allowed to ask me shit like that? I go to speak but Finneas buts in saying "Sorry, she has to go." He yanks me and I breathe out in relief. He's still pulling me until we enter the staples center.

"Wow." Acelynn says. I tickle her a little before I see Billie talking with Claudia. I let go of Acelynn and she runs over to Addy where the both struggle to get in a seat. I walk over to them and lift them both up and they thank me before talking again. "Mommy, I want candy." Acelynn says.

"You already had a lot baby." I say and she starts to whine. "Acelynn, calm down." I say. "No! I want candy!" She yells. I widen my eyes at her volume and she starts to kick.

Acelynn starts to cry and I place her on my lap rocking her. "If I give you a small peppermint, will you be good for mommy?" I ask. Acelynn nods. I take a peppermint from my pocket opening it and giving it to her. "Delaney, it's time to get dressed for you performance." Elinor says to me with a clipboard in her hand.

I get with Acelynn in my arms and walk backstage into my dressing room. I set Acelynn down in my seat and she stares in the mirror in front of her.

I change into my black long sleeves shirt and my white flannel over it. I get my sneakers on double knotting so I wont trip on them while dancing. I lift Acelynn seeing she's a little sleepy, she leans her head on my shoulder.

I walk into the dancers dressing and we get the cue a few minutes later that we're on. I don't wake Acelynn up, instead I go outside really quick to give her to Maggie. I walk up on stage and hear the loud cheers erupt.

Watch it.

Billie POV

It was time for me to perform and I was doing when the party's over. I sat down on my little stool smiling a little.

Don't you know I'm no good for you
I've learned to lose you, can't affor-

Within my second verse I hear "Delaney! If I can't have you, no one can!" Before 4 gunshots ring in the air.

I look in Delaney's direction where's she sitting, but it's too late. Delaney's on the ground eyes closed and not breathing, blood seeping through her white shirt.

I freeze in fear, shock, disbelief. My hands start to shake and the mic falls out of my hand.

I hear loud laughing and I look to see it's coming from Elinor and... Que?

I didn't proofread at all but hola