Chapter 27

Billie POV

Delaney shakes and sobs in my arms. "Shh. I say quietly rocking her. Just watching her crumble and break down in front of me hurt me in the way I couldn't explain.

She sniffles a little and mutters "Sorry."

"For what?" I ask. "Crying." She says.

I laugh a little before saying "It's okay to feel something. You're scared, and it's alright to feel something."

I grab her hand and I ask "Have you ever talked about it? Like what happen that day? You ever told someone the whole story?"

She looks up saying "I actually haven't. I remember everything, but I haven't talked about it."

"Do you maybe wanna open up about it?"

"Like tell you what happened?" I nod.

Delaney POV

"This could be your form of closure." Billie says. I haven't really told anyone what happened. I tried to tell my parents but they just shut me up with saying I was a slut. I nod a little, and Billie says "I'm not going to force you, we still have a few hours before the red carpet opens."

"I was 14. It all started when Hyla asked me to go to a party." I begin.

"Bro, we should go to Xavier's party tonight." Hyla says when she sits down next to me in the cafeteria. I give her a look and she asks "What?"

"You and I both know what happens when we go to parties together." I say.

"I'm sorry, I don't know. Refresh my memory."

"You leave me." I say and she laughs "Shut up. No, I don't." She lies.

"You do."

"Do not."

"Do too."

"D- you know what? Can you please just come with me?" She gives me her infamous pout. "No Hyla." I say.

"Please, they'll be drinks, weed, boys and girls. It'll be fun." She says shaking me. "Fine. What time is it?" I ask.

"4."

"Come over by then." I say and the school bell rings signaling that lunch was over.

I get through the rest of my classes in a breeze and I was waiting outside for my brother Landon. I hear the familiar 3 honks and I look up to see my brother is here. I get in the car and he says "Sup' lil sis. How was your day?"

I roll my eyes "It was fine, in fact, I'm going to a party tonight." I say.

"You know how Mom and Dad feel about you partying." He says.

"Oh come on! I'll be fine Landy." I call him his nickname. We arrive at the house and I immediately go upstairs and shower.

I get out and go to my room changing into something simple like a high waisted jean skirt and a white tee shirt. I tuck the white tee into my jean skirt and I put on my white converses before grabbing my phone.

I'm done. All that's left to do is to ask my parents. "Hola Delaney!" Madison walks into my room. She plops on my bed and I say "Yes Madison?"