C H A P T E R ❿

☼ Forty's POV ☼

My mom left promptly after inviting Ophelia and me to the house later, which made me delighted that she agreed to it. What didn't make me so pleased was the fact that when my mom interpreted her as my girlfriend, Elle denied it right away. It hurt a lot, I know we're not technically together but I just wish she knew she was the only woman I have been reckoning about since the day we met. I believe she's it for me, that's the reason I asked to take her out yesterday, I wanted to show her she wasn't just another girl I slept with.

After Ophelia told me everything last night I had a lot of time to go over everything in my head, as she laid there draped in my arms on the couch. I didn't want to frighten her and I wasn't uncomfortable, I soon fell asleep after her.

I swore to myself I wouldn't let anyone harm her in any way, it makes me nauseous to think about anyone touching her the way Soul's brother did. He's sickening and deserves everything that's coming for him. I plan to talk to my powerful lawyers to see what they can do, he shouldn't even be permitted to roam around right now with what he did. What unnerves me the most is that after everything Elle has been through, she cares more about if her mother is okay instead of worrying about herself. I love how selfless she is. Okay yes, I love that about her but that doesn't mean I'm in love with her. I do believe I soon will be though.

After making some eggs for Ophelia and me, I call her over to the island in the kitchen, where she sits beside me on a stool.

"Your mother is very sweet." she smiles as she starts eating the food in front of her. She makes everything look so damn sexy, I try to deflect my interest before I start to look like a creep.

"She is a very kind woman, reminds me a lot of you," I smirk and take a sip of the coffee I had made before my mother left. The smooth, heated aroma invasions my taste buds and I moan into the cup.

I overlook to see Ophelia blushing at the sound that came out of my mouth moments ago and I laugh at the scene, making her turn even redder. She is so cute.

We sit in a complacent silence as we eat and I try to imagine a life where we do this every morning.

"Hurry up and finish your food so you can join me in the shower." I wink at her as I stand up to put my dish in the sink.

"I'm done." she gets up to wash her plate and I walk behind her, encircling both my arms around her waist as she finishes cleaning. She turns around in my arms and looks up to me with dark eyes. I want to get to know her so much more, but I have a suspicion it will be hard to do so with her guard up.

☼ Ophelia's POV ☼

After the very eventful shower, he drove me over to my place so I can get ready for the day.

I finish applying my lip gloss and mascara, walking out of my room to see Forty playing with Zara in the living room, throwing her tennis ball around the place. I stand there enjoying the scene in front of me, hearing the door open next to mine and see Soul trying to sneak out with William right behind her.

I cough to caution her that she isn't slick. I look at her with a lifted brow as she swivels around with William's six-foot figure looming next to her.

"Where you guys off to?" I question Soul and she peeps at me with a small smile.

"Will was just taking me to his place, we didn't expect you to come by today since you were gone all last night." she flushes and modifies her shorts. I mentally facepalm myself, I'm such a cockblocker.