C H A P T E R ❶❻

☼ Ophelia's POV ☼

"Can you try to stop screaming while there are people sleeping doors away? I also don't like the fact that I had to squeeze in with Oliver and Soul." Raelynn scowls in my direction and then returns back to making cereal.

"Maybe your just jealous that I actually have a sex life." I giggle and feel Forty's presence behind me. I turn around, coming face to a muscular smooth chest and inhale deeply. 

"It's not nice to have your guests having to share a bed with someone who likes to steal the covers." I turn to see Oliver shirtless, walking towards the couch to sit comfortably with his legs spread out.

"What is it with men not wearing shirts?" Soul walks into the scene of Oliver and Forty only covered in shorts. I shrug and grab supplies to start making egg benedict, with forty following closely behind.

"Go sit, I'll make you something." I turn on the heat for the stove and push Forty out of my way, singling to him I don't need his help. 

With the food almost done, I turn my head slightly to look at Soul and Raelynn talking about their new feed on instagram. Oliver and Forty are sitting watching the news, engaging in the topic of politics, boring. I plate everyone's food and call everyone to the kitchen island that is matte black. Everyone takes a seat on the stools and I feel Forty's eyes burning into my skin, I turn to look at him and see him smiling.

"Where am I going to sit guys?" I pout as I realize there are only three stools.

"On my lap." Forty winks and I roll my eyes at him as I make my way over to where he is seated, he repositions himself so I can sit comfortably on him.

"Awe, look how cute you two are. Quick get the camera Soul, you don't see Ophelia happy often." Oliver jokes and I flick him off before returning to my meal, feeling Forty's breath against my neck and I shiver from the scent of mint sweetness.

"Stop squirming love, you don't want me to get a hard on with everyone around." He growls in my ear and I cough, almost spitting out my food. He thought it was funny and started laughing as I was basically dying in front of him. I hit his chest playfully before finishing my food, making my way to the sofa. He sits next to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulders, cuddling close to me as I change the channel.

"What are we doing for today? I wanna see the city." Oliver joins us and positions himself so he is basically onto of me, making me laugh at Forty's sour expression. Is he jealous?

"We can go ice skating!" Raelynn beams up as she puts her dish in the sink, Soul nods her head in agreement and I shrug my shoulders, looking at Forty for approval.

"Oh, I'm coming?" He raises a brow and I roll my eyes at his childish behavior.

"Would you like to come?" I press and he gives me puppy dog eyes, nodding his head yes.

I squeeze his cheek before pushing Oliver off of me and making my way back to the bedroom to get ready.

Luckily I didn't embarrass myself from falling, unlike Soul who was basically sliding on the ice the whole night, which was a funny sight to see. I felt comfortable holding onto Forty while we skated for about an hour, but I kept getting the feeling that someone was watching me and I kept getting chills.

Now we are seated at a diner in times square, laughing about stupid past stories.

"Okay so this one time we were getting out of the car at disneyland and Raelynn pulled down her top. It doesn't sound that bad but she wasn't wearing a bra that day and she flashed the whole parking lot." Soul was laughing while I shot daggers at her skull. I hated that day, I ran back in the car and cried until my mom hit Raelynn upside the head, making me laugh.

"Oh my gosh, I would pay to see that." Forty chuckles and I smack his arm, glaring at him as well. He puts his hands up in surrender before grabbing ahold of my hand underneath the table.

I glance outside of the diner window as I feel like I'm being watched, a tall figure with a hoodie placed over their head catches my attention. I feel my whole body freeze when my eyes meet Kayden's intense stare.