V

Alessandra's POV

Okay, here's a question that I ask myself way too often. What the heck am I doing?! "Oh, yeah, I just met you, let me pack my bags and follow you to Italy in a few weeks." Yeah, Alessandra, since when does that seem rational, you idiot. Because the hot guy is always trustworthy. Freakin' Ted Bundy was a prime example of that. Good God. What were you thinking?!  I didn't even realize I was making facial expressions with my internal conversation until Bailey spoke up.

"Alessandra?" she questioned sounding a little freaked out. "You look like a parent talking to their rebellious teen who just got caught sneaking out a window. What did you do?" Busted. We are currently in the middle of the shop. I was holding a 12 millimeter wrench in my hand, about to finish hand-tightening an injector fuel rail back down. Bailey was holding a file in her hand, standing to the side with her left hip out, laying her hand on it. She looked like an angry mom.

"I may or may not have agreed to go to Italy with a hot guy this morning before coming to work." I mumbled under my breath, not making eye contact with her.

"I'm sorry," she sarcastically replied, "I couldn't hear your baby mouse voice." I looked at her annoyed. She knows I hate it when people make me seem small.

"I may or may not have agreed to go to Italy with a hot guy this morning before coming to work." I repeated, but louder this time. Loud enough Italy may have heard it. She looked at me like a just grew a horn on the top of my head, grew four, furry legs, and pooped ice cream. "I know," I hissed, extremely annoyed with myself. "Not one of my greatest ideas."

"No, it's not." She replied, and was silent for a few seconds before shocking me. "Can I go?" I looked up and she had a smile on her face. "Oh come on, woman. I'm the crazy one, and this may be the only time you get to learn about your past. I know how many times you have tried to ask your dad about it. And he still won't tell you for some reason. Just take the offer, take me, so if we get into any trouble, I can bring out Bonkers Bailey." I started laughing, and she held a success-filled smile. She walked closer and handed me the file in her hand. "This car has a brake light issue. Whenever you press the brake pedal, the brake lights turn off." I've seen this issue before.

"Crossed wires creating an awkward short. I'll take the Flir to the inside of the car and see where the wires stop being hot. Wanna pull out my car in 2 seconds, after I torque this bolt down, and I'll pull in this one?" I asked holding up the file. She nodded my head, and grabbed the keys out of my pocket. Why do I still feel like this isn't going to go well?

It was finally the end of my shift and I decided now would be a good time to go and talk to my dad about taking time off for my vacation. I knocked on his office door and waited to hear him say Come in. As soon as I heard him say it's open, I grabbed the door knob and slowly turned it, opening the door, slowly. My heart was facing a million times a second, and it felt like an elephant was prancing around on my chest. I peeked my head in, and looked at the large desk that was sitting directly across from the door, with my father behind, sitting in a desk chair going over a pile of papers. He looked up, smiled, looked back down at his papers, and told me to take a seat. I found myself a few seconds later in the nice cushioned seat, half-way ready to talk to him about taking some vacation time off. According to my pay stub, I've accumulated 25 sick slash vacation days, maybe I can use that.

"So Dad," I started off sweet, "I have quite a few vacation days accumulated," he looked up from his papers, and looked at me inquiringly. "And Bailey thought she would surprise me with a vacation. She isn't telling me where we are going, but she was wondering if we could get some time off?" I said, in more of a question sounding way. He looked at me for a few seconds. "I know that she has about the same amount of vacation days as me, so... what do you think?" He sat in thought for what seemed like an eternity, when in reality, I'm sure was only about 3 seconds, before he finally answered.

"Let me think about it. We really need both of you girls in the shop, and I would also like to talk to her about this tomorrow morning." I smiled, trying not to show my panic. I nodded my head, said thank you, and left. Okay, chill out, Alessandra. It wasn't a total lie. I mean, she said she wanted to come, therefore, she's going to try to show me around, therefore, she's making this a surprise. Aaannndd, she does have close to the same amount of sick days. I just have to tell her the plan before tomorrow morning. I pull out my phone as soon as I hopped in my car, and start texting Bailey.

Me: Hey girl, we need to talk. Second i get home. Leavin now

Bad B Bailey: uh oh, what did you do. Wait tell me in person. C ya soon. Luv ya

I opened spotify, pressed shuffle, connected my phone, and headed straight for the house. This better go well.