I'm right here || Kiragi

This story is told in Kana's POV.

"Selkie!" I shouted as I skipped around in search of my best friend. I then heard yelling. I looked behind me and screamed. A lancer was behind me. The color of purple indicated my flight or fight. I then watched as his hand reached for my face.

I attempted to run in my Kitsune form. My father was part Kitsune so I inherited it from him. I didn't make it far, sadly. I was stopped in my tracks by an ambush. I tried to concentrate myself to turn into a Dragon. Maybe my powers would help me.

"Please." I whimpered, in hope they had a heart. I realized it was worthless so I got on my knees and bounded my hands together. I then heard yells and the sound of a bow.

"Kana!" I heard Kiragi's cheerful voice. I looked up, smiling. I ran towards him, jumping into his arms and giving him a tight hug. Kiragi had always been there for me. He hugged me back. My ears popped up, which only happened whenever I was excited or happy, in general.

"Have you seen Selkie?" I asked, moving out of the hug.

"Yeah, she was the one who reported you missing. She said she saw a group of Nohr soldiers in the forest so I came to find you." Kiragi said.

I smiled at him, looking around at the lifeless bodies. Kiragi grabbed my hand, "let's hurry back, we don't know if they have backup." he said to me, guiding me back to the castle. My father was waiting for me there.

"Are you okay?" he got on his knees, checking for any bruises.

"I'm okay, daddy!" I smiled.

"Thank you so much, Kiragi." My father turned towards him, bowing and thanking him repeatedly.

My father took me by the hand and said, "please don't go out alone anymore. Take Kiragi or someone else." He then went back to his duties.

I looked at Kiragi and laughed, "want to go hunting?" I gave him a grin, my ears popped up again.

"Already? we just got back, Kana." He said, patting my head. I only let him do that at free will. My father or mother would have to ask.

"I know but, please!" I whined, giving him my best puppy eyes. He sighed and said yes.

I smiled at him then skipped towards the opening of the castle. I leaned into Kiragi.

"Come on! Whoever gets the most berries, wins!" I said then leaped into a pile of bushes. Kiragi found his own bush and began to pick. I began to search deeper into the forest and then stopped, "Kiragi?" I asked.

"Yes?" I heard him call back.

"Where are you?" I looked around, my face had a berry stain near my mouth because I was eating like a slob. I was hungry because we haven't made a proper meal for a while.

"Over here!" Kiragi yelled. I followed his voice until I found him. I spotted him. I crouched behind bushes and watched him. The (chose what color) boy was picking berries. I heard his sweet tune as he hummed one of his favorite war-cries. Well, it was his father's favorite. I continued to eat my berries and I watched him. My ears went up and down to the tune. I made a blue circle around me, turning into my fox form. I quickly trotted around and walked towards the berry bush. I began to eat those and then got lifted up into the air.

Kiragi grabbed me, examining me. "You look just like my best friend, Kana. She's amazing. You and her would get along." He said as he patted my head like he normally did. I couldn't help it, I licked his cheek. He laughed softly and then looked around.

"Where is Kana?" He held onto me still, looking around. I would've spoke but he was so careful with me.

"She's probably taking a nap, she never does listen to her father." He said.

I wanted to answer back to him but then he started talking more.

"You look exactly like her in her fox form." He said. He continued to carry me. He kept talking about me, not knowing he was actually talking TO me.

"She's smart, pretty and everything else. The way she wears her hair always stands out. In a good way." Kiragi kept talking. I remained peacefully in his arms, he pet the top of my head.

"I should go find her." He said. I then let my blue circle go around me, transforming to normal. I was still in his arms, my arms and legs dangling. He immediately recognized the weight change and held me the proper way. "That was you?"

"Yes, sir!" I said, laughing. He hugged me tightly

"My lungs!" I gasped.

"I'm sorry!" He then began to ramble on about what happened. I sat down by the bush and ate the berries we gathered, listening and nodding. My head rested on his thigh.

"I like you too, Kiragi. You're sweet. You really like my hairstyle?" I looked up into his eyes.

"Yeah! I love your hairstyle." I laughed at his adorable-ness.