VI

Chloe and Lani were interrogating.

"What made you two think you'd get away with it?" Chloe asked. "If you two come clean now, we'll go easy on you. So tell me, did you eat the chocolate cake?"

"No, Mommy. No, Lani," Trixie replied with a mouth covered in chocolate frosting.

"No, Auntie Lei. No, Auntie Chloe," Kiana said, also with a mouth covered in chocolate frosting.

Dan suppressed a laugh before coughing and chuckling. "I'm sorry. It's just cake, Chloe, Lani."

Chloe shot him a look. "Cake is so not the point, Dan. This is about honesty and personal responsibility."

"Fine. I got this." He walked up to them. "Hey, Monkey. Hey, kiddo. Do you remember when we had that talk and we said that lying is a really bad thing?" The little girls nodded. "Well, some of your birthday cake is missing. Now, I didn't eat it, and we know Mommy and Auntie Lani didn't eat it, so is there something you two want to tell us?"

The girls looked at each other and said in sync, "I ate it."

"Mm-hmm."

"But Lucifer said it was okay," Trixie added.

"Oh, really?" He scoffed.

"He said, if you really want to do something, you should. And Kiana and I really wanted to eat some chocolate cake."

Kiana nodded. "I really wanted some too."

"Huh," Dan noted. "That's interesting. Why don't you two go grab your stuff."

Dan cleared his throat. "Oh, I am so glad to hear advice from Lucifer is on the personal responsibility plan."

"Dan, it's not what you think," Chloe replied.

"You know what, Chloe, Lani? Your private lives are none of my business, but when it comes to Trixie," a phone rang, "keep Lucifer out of it. I suspect you want the same for Kiana, Lani."

Lani nodded and Chloe answered. "Decker. Yeah, yeah. I'll hold." She looked to Dan. "Okay, just don't forget tomorrow night's Taco Tuesday, okay?"

"I can't do it."

"Why?"

"I'm working a stakeout in Van Nuys."

"We agreed on planned family time so that Trixie can maintain some normalcy during the separation. And so that Kiana feels like she has a family."

"I know, but this is important."

"I thought you wanted to work things out."

"I don't have a choice, Chloe. This is work."

"Yeah, I've never heard that one before." She resumed talking on her phone. "Yeah. Long Beach? Okay, I got it. Thanks." She turned back to Dan. "You know, when Trixie asks where you are tomorrow, I'll be sure to tell her something important came up."

LUX

"Oh, Lucifer," Maze called. "Meet Brittany--and Brittany." She slapped the Brittanys butts.

"Wow," Lucifer said. "Hello, Brittanys." He chuckled. "Yes, very nice to meet you."

"Hello," one Brittany said.

"Hello," the other Brittany repeated.

The Brittanys laughed and Lucifer said, "Shall we move the party upstairs?"

Lucifer sighed, seeing Chloe and Lani. "I'll need my clothes on, actually. Sorry, girls. I'm late."

"For what?" Maze asked.