XIX

[Normally this is a Sunday update, but I decided I'd post today. Normal schedule resumes the next week : )]

LUX

Lucifer walked up to the bar. "Martini, extra dry, just like I like it."

"Lucifer?" Linda called.

"Doctor!" He whooped. "Come to join the party?"

"No, I'm here to check on you. You didn't show for our session."

"Yeah, yeah. I know, I canceled that."

"Yeah, which is odd, because you never cancel. Is everything okay?"

"Mm! It's fine, just a little family drama, that's all. Nothing to worry about."

"Family drama?"

"Mm. My brother died."

"Amenadiel?"

"Mm!" He chuckled. "No, no. No, I--another brother. I have many."

"Lucifer, I'm so sorry."

"Oh, it's fine, what's done is done, eh? Whiskey?"

"No, no, you." She leaned closer to his ear. "Lucifer, patients often avoid sessions precisely when they need it the most. When the feelings are too painful. Are you sure you don't need to talk."

Lucifer grinned. "Well, I think there's a few other things I'd rather do, -you know."

"No, no. Okay, Lucifer, no, no, no."

Lucifer chuckled. "Come on." He tried kissing her neck.

"No, we're not doing that anymore, and you know that."

Lucifer scoffed as Linda continued. "Now, I'm here if you want to talk about your brother's death, but in an appropriate manner."

"Oh, what's the point? You wouldn't understand me, anyway," Lucifer replied. "You think everything is a metaphor. Now if you don't mind, you're killing my buzz." He turned his back to Linda. "Ladies."

"Well, if you change your mind, my door is always open."

The women chuckled and Lucifer turned to face Linda. "Well, feel free to shut it."

APARTMENT

Trixie laughed. "Look Mommy, Aunt Lani, I'm swinging!"

"I'm next!" Kiana cried excitedly.

"Hey, baby, get off of that," Chloe said. "Kiana, I don't want you swinging on there. Hey. Can you two let Maze, Mommy, and Auntie Lani talk for a minute?" The girls looked at her. "Please?"

"Mm-hmm," Maze hummed.

Chloe frowned. "Okay. Seriously? A sex swing?"

Maze grinned. "I know, right? Either of you want to hop on?"

"Okay, if we're gonna live together, we need to have some house rules. Rule number one, and I can't believe I'm saying this, no sex swing."

"You two said I could bring my furniture."

"A sex swing is not furniture. We have to agree on what's gonna be in the common area, Maze."

"Fine, I don't agree with your cheesy decorations. At least Lani has decent taste."

Lani gave a small smile before asking, "You don't like Halloween?"

"Of course I do. Slutty outfits, humans abandoning their inhibitions, masquerade orgies."

"That's great," Chloe replied. "But that's not our Halloween. You live with a couple children now. You're gonna have to rethink how you look at things."