02: I'm definitely in big trouble

|02: I'm definitely in big trouble|

I stand next to Toryn, my hands wrapped tightly together. Feelings of excitement and happiness swirl throughout my body, from head to toe. I rock back and forth on the balls of my feet, trying to keep it together.

The usual club members walk past me, each being greeted by Toryn and I. Well, mostly Toryn. I usually just smile.

They had bags in their hands, plates of food, some even had McDonald's which made me jealous. I wish someone would take me to go get McDonald's for lunch. Toryn has a heart attack whenever I ask him if we could go out to eat.

In the distance, students head straight for the staircase leading to the upstairs. They reach the top of the staircase, gripping the railing as they sprint across.

Everyone's 'where should we sit' thinking has always been weird to me.

There's two floors in the cafeteria and literally everyone sits upstairs. Why they sit up there, I have no idea. I've never been up there in my entire school career at this place. All I know is that most of the popular kids sit up there. There's rarely any time where there's students down here on the first floor.

And if there is someone down here, they're here to try and snatch whatever the day's baked good is. It should bother me but it doesn't, because even if the kids don't like me, they seem to love my baking.

But Toryn fights them off, either by cursing or giving them a death stare.

Since the bottom floor is basically empty, we have the club here. Not that we take up much space, it's relaxing to have an area to ourselves.

"Hello... hello... hello..." Toryn repeats as each person walks past him, "Sarah, don't take my seat this time... hello... hello,"

"Only take one cookie, please," I heard Toryn mutter so I nudged his foot with mine.

"Okay, I was only slightly kidding," he says to me, squinting at me.

My excitement was getting so high that I was starting to do little jumps in my spot.

The new members were standing in the lunch line, and I could see where they were from my spot. I've always love it when I get to meet the new member(s).

They're so nervous and I always look like I took fifty shots of espresso.

"Eee!" I squeal, spinning towards Toryn, "This is so exciting! They're right there! I can see them,"

"Yes, you do have eyes," Toryn mutters to himself before laughing at himself, "I am hilarious,"

My hands almost moved faster than my words, and I'm surprised that I was able to keep up with myself. I bite my lip, trapping the yells of excitement from escaping.

Toryn looks at me in the corner of his eye, "You don't ever act this happy when I show up. And I'm the most amazing thing in your life,"

I push his shoulder, "Please, you get a hug from moi every morning,"

"I suppose that's a valid answer," Toryn mutters while slinging an arm around my shoulders, "But it's just newbies. What's so exciting about it?"

I didn't even answer his question, my eyes had spotted the new kids making their ways over. Their faces were swimming with nervousness as they slowly approached Toryn and I.