16: Unhand her, you troglodyte

|16: Unhand her, you troglodyte|

"Took you long enough," Nemo says loudly as I waddle across the parking lot, "I aged like twenty years just waiting for you,"

"Sorry," I mutter shyly, "I had to say bye to Rory and Zoe. Wife duties, y'know?"

Nemo just shakes his head, watching me limp. His legs were propped up on the step boost thingy, the driver door wide open as he sits in the driver's seat. The shirt clinging to his body moves slightly in the chilly breeze.

Even though there's no bright sun, Nemo has a squint to his eyes accompanied with a frown.

"Why are you limping?" he asks as I stop, slightly in front of him, "Are you hurt?"

"Huh? Oh, it's just my back, no biggie," I brush him off with a wave and a 'pfft'.

He pushes himself up, stretching. The bottom of his shirt lifts barely, revealing skin. Not wanting to seem like a creep, I look up at his face.

It's adorably scrunched up as he stares at me.

"Where does it hurt?" he asks with a sigh, letting his arms fall to his sides.

"No," I blurt, shaking my head and Nemo looks at me like I've lost my mind. I sigh, "I know what you're going to do. Toryn has done the same thing. I'd rather suffer than have my body snapped in half,"

Nemo suddenly grins evilly, "Well I can't leave you in pain. That's just unacceptable with me. Turn around,"

"No,"

"Ada, turn around,"

"No,"

"Ada,"

"Do I need to say it in French? Non,"

"Ada-line,"

"Saying my full name isn't going to convince me,"

With crossed arms, I muster up a glare and direct it at him. He looks at me with an expression that screams he's just done with me.

"Fine. I'll do it myself," he mutters and before I could react, he reaches out and latches onto my shoulders, spinning me around quickly. 

"Hey! Whatever happened to your t-"

Pop!

"Owwwwuuuhhhh.... ah..." I groan as the pressure in my back slowly goes away. Nemo spins me back around, a proud look in his eyes as he stares down at me.

"That was mean," I whine as I reach around to rub my back, "You could have warned me! What did you even do?"

"I popped your back, duh,"

"... that was mean," I repeat with a pout, "But thank you. Very much. It's appreciated. Good karma is headed your way,"

"Dork," he snorts while rubbing his eyes, "Anyway. I have a surprise for you,"

I uncontrollably widen my eyes at his words to which Nemo smirks. He keeps a smirk on his lips, reaching for the back door handle. I step back, eagerly watching him open the door.

"My mom dropped her off a couple of minutes ago, I figured you'd like to have some company besides me while we go somewhere to eat," he explains while reaching inside.

My eyes feel like they're bulging out of my head as I watch him turn around, with a smiling Leigh-Anne.

She had on a cute little blue dress, her hair up in tiny pigtails with ribbons wrapped around them.