21: I promise I'll be right here by your side

|21: I promise I'll be right here by your side|

I am speed.

I've been awake for less than an hour, and I have so much energy and for only two reasons.

It's supposed to snow later tonight and I couldn't be any happier. I already know I'm going to be outside rolling around in the snow. And if it doesn't snow, then that's alright, I'll just be outside rolling around.

But the weather isn't my main source for today's excitement. I think I've finally cracked Nemo Kademan. You see, I have a brain. And this brain has finally narrowed down on the schedule of the chaotic boy I've been lucky enough to spend time with. I stayed up all night calculating this boy.

Every other day, the man shows up at around 5:30. This is because he wants to eat inside with Grandpa and I. He shows up at exactly 6:00 if he just wants us to head straight out and eat in his car, which is on the days he doesn't show up at 5:30.

Today is Tuesday. It's 5:59, and I think my calculations are correct.

I snatch up my backpack as I run by it, hastily putting it on. I wave at Grandpa, "Bye, love you!"

"Motherfucker calm down," Grandpa grumbles, "He's just a boy,"

(A/n: he's Nemo fucking Kademan)

I swing open the front door with a big smile and panting, "HI, NEMO!"

Nemo stands with his hand raised and his lips parted, clearly startled by my sudden appearance.

I laugh, "I think I've finally figured out your morning schedule! Consider me smart,"

"O... kay?" he responds, "Congratulations?"

"Thank you," I breathe heavily and step out, "And yes, I'm ready to go,"

"I... didn't even ask you yet,"

I turn to him with a grin, still panting, "Like I said. I've finally figured out your schedule!"

He sighs and rolls his eyes, "Get in the car, dork,"

"Your McDonald's is in the bag that's folded up on your seat," Nemo explains as we walk to his car. I open the passenger door, grabbing the McDonald's bag and jumping inside.

Nemo climbs in himself and starts the car, "Chuck-Chuck insisted that I get you a strawberry drink to try this time,"

I tilt my head, "Oh? Thank you,"

Suddenly my phone rings, and I quickly fish it out. Toryn's name is on the screen, showing that he's calling me.

I answer, "Hell-"

"Please tell me your mom is still home..." Toryn's voice came through the speaker in sheer panic.

"Yes, why?"

"My parents aren't home and I missed the stupid bus. Is your mom giving you a ride to school? Do you think she'd pick me up too? Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?"

"Woah woah, slow down," I tell Toryn while shaking my free hand, "What's going on?"

"I HAVE NO RIDE, BITCH!" he wails and I wince, pulling my phone away. It's clear that Nemo can hear Toryn's panic, seeing how Nemo is looking at me with a mixture of worry and disappointment.

I look back at Nemo, stretching my lips out like the Chrissy Teigen cry face meme. Nemo raises his brows at me, shrugging his shoulders.

"I already left the house..." I explain into the phone over Toryn's sobbing.