29: Wrong decision

|29: Wrong decision|

Sitting on Grandpa's bed, I watch him waddle around his room, grumbling to himself.

"Motherfucker... goddamn it..." he curses while opening his closet door, "Always moving my shit around,"

"Grandpa, can't you take your normal cane?" I ask while pulling my legs up into a criss crossed position.

"Addy, I like to show off," Grandpa says as he turns to me, "All these old bitches are gonna be jealous when they see my fancy ass cane,"

Today Grandpa woke me up around ten, telling me to get ready and wear nice clothes. I was a little bit confused so I asked him what's the dealio.

Apparently he just wants to go for a walk around the neighborhood with me and spend 'quality time with his granddaughter'.

Which also means that he just wants to get out of the house and away from Mom. He usually only does this if Mom keeps bothering him, which from what Grandpa was saying, she was being a little pest this morning. This time, Grandpa says it was about not making his bed.

Mom is... something else.

But if he wants to get out, that's fine, I don't mind spending time with him. We're going to take Juju with us since we're just going to be walking.

For today, I did light makeup since I'm still pretty tired, and it's Saturday, I want to give my face a break. I threw on a black, mini box pleated skirt and a white long sleeved. To finish it all up, I put on my black boots.

My hair is straightened and it reaches just barely past my shoulders. I'll admit, it feels a little weird since I rarely ever straighten it. The weight is so light now and I almost miss my curls.

Once I finished getting ready, I found Grandpa in his room. He's in a pair of black jean overalls, a light blue shirt, a black flat cap hat and white tennis shoes. Seeing that he was pacing, I sat on his bed since it's probably going to be a minute. Also, I figured that maybe I could help him out.

I was wrong.

He's looking for his 'nice' cane. That cane is a dark brown color whereas his other one is a light tan color. Personally, I think they both look nice and he should just use his tan one since it's already out. But because it's Grandpa, it's usually best to not argue with him.

"Ah! Here's the silly bastard," Grandpa shouts with glee as he pulls out his dark brown, fancy cane from the depths of his closet.

"Alright kiddo, how do I look?" Grandpa asks, supporting himself with his cane to create a fairly decent pose.

"Like a fashion model," I respond and laugh, jumping off of his bed, "You look good, Gramps,"

"Of course I do! All the oldies are jealous," he grumbles and gently taps my foot with his cane, "Let's bounce,"

Grandpa leaves his room and I follow closely behind him. Juju waits by the front door, wagging his tail excitedly. He's in his red harness and just looks adorable.

I part from Grandpa and over to Juju, grabbing his leash from off the holder on the wall and kneeling down to attach it.

"Evil child of mine! Addy and I are leaving this cursed house," Grandpa shouts with a few grumbles followed.

"Okay Grandpa, let's go," I say as I stand up after leashing Juju. I open the door and Juju bounds out, yanking me along.

I use both hands to hold onto his leash, "Juju, slow. No pulling,"