25: Dead serious

|25: Dead serious|((things get a little InTeNSe so look for the "**" if you want or feel like you need to skip❤️ ok bye)

"Dad, I swear to God I'm going to-"

"You aren't going to do shit, bitch! Motherfucker, you don't own me... who do you think you are,"

"Stop cursing at me! What type of parent does that? One that's not good th-"

"Motherfucker, like you know anything about being a good parent! Don't come for me because I will drag you,"

"You can barely walk without your cane, dad! Don't try me,"

"I will shove this cane up your ass if you keep talking to me like that,"

I slowly run my fingers through my hair, pulling the curly strands into my usual buns, trying to drown out Grandpa and Mom's fighting. It isn't hard, considering the thoughts on my mind.

The kiss on the cheek from Nemo left me with all types of feelings. Embarrassment, confusion, excitement... it's weird how a small act from the one you like can make you feel all kinds of way.

I came home last night with the deepest blush I've ever had. I'm talking cheeks darker than a scarlet red. Grandpa thought it was hilarious. I laughed along with him, seeing how it was kind of funny.

But... it sparks a question. Why did he kiss me? I know for a fact that he could have and would have said no.

So why didn't he?

(A/n: GIRL HE LIKES- OMG IM GOING TO STRANGLE HER)

Don't get me wrong, I loved it. It was so soft and gentle and warm. It felt like he was being cautious and careful.

I wanted to return the favor, so I made a delicious cupcake with a Hershey Kiss on top. Brilliant, I know. Hopefully it isn't too obvious and he'll just think that I'm trying to 'fatten him up' as he would say.

I don't think I have enough guts to return the kiss with an actual kiss. This is Nemo freaking Kademan we're talking about. Kissing him is like fantasy in every form.

"Addy!" Grandpa shouts my name which brings me out of my thoughts, "Elmo is here!"

I frown, checking my phone to see the time. He's not supposed to be here for another ten minutes. Not that I'm complaining or anything, I'm just curious.

I quickly finish up my other bun and stand up. I slip my boots on with ease and leave my room, trotting down the stairs. Juju follows me, bumping the back of my legs.

"Don't knock my over, buddy," I chuckle while jumping off of the last step, peeking into the living room.

Mom sits on the couch, her face red and with a pout, she has her arms crossed. Grandpa sits on the other couch with a smug look.

"Child thought she could raise her voice at me," he explains with a dry chuckle, "She thought wrong. Ended up getting smacked right in the head,"

"Whatever dad," Mom grumbles.

I shake my head at them, picking up my backpack. "Bye Grandpa,"

Grandpa grunts, waving me off. I chuckle and give Juju a quick pat. Grabbing the treats for today, which are cupcakes, I walk to the front door, ready to greet Nemo and give him his cupcake.

As I open it, I realize something. It isn't Nemo who is at my door, but instead it's Chuck-Chuck who wears a big grin on his face.

"Good morning, ah ha ha," he greets me loudly. I give him a weird look, concerned about how and why he's here.