Discipleship

"Amazing. We have 8 piglets. 4 is yours as promise."

Kai knit a brow.
With her body.
It is impossible to carry 2 piglets.
4 piglets are out of the question.
But she didn't plan to ask his help.
She just crosses her arms and look at him. Tied his bounty.
He is extremly happy. He never been this 'lucky'.

"Should I tie yours too?" He asks.

She smiles and nod.
"Can you help me?"

"Of course. And..I can carry this for you too."

"Oh? What do you want in exchange?"

Griffin looks around and he take a deep breath.

"Can I hunt in this place again?"

"You don't need approval. This mountain is not mine."
She smiles.

"But you found this place. Having a good spots for hunting is good."

"Not all the piglets will be this stupid. And this place is a bit dangerous because alot of animals came here to drink. But it is very beneficial indeed. If you have a good catch then shared some with me."

"Oh..."

They come down the mountain.

"What is your plan with the meat?" She asks.
She have limited knowledge. Though she needs food. Meat is not very desirable for a sick old woman in the house. Though she have potion recipes she is not sure if the same ingredients are available in this world. And the more stressful is how to increase her magic. She have so little amount of magic that it distress her. In her previous world,magic is a natural resources in the world. Earth is abundant with magic and even air have magic. But in this world it feels like there is no oxygen in the air. No magic at all. And human and animals have no magic inside of them.
But since she can use her magic ability it means there is a way to replenish her magic source.

"I will take them all to town. I know a restaurant that gives more coppers than the market. With this piglet so fresh and plump. Maybe we can get a good 25 coppers for each piglet."

"How much is a kilo of rice?"

"A kilo for 5 coppers."

"Hmm."

"Do you want to sell yours too?"

"Can you carry them all?" Shw frowns.

"Of course! I am very strong." He said with confidence but he is not that big so he can only carry much.

Kai frowns.

"Sorry. I will bring you down to the mountain then I will carry mine first to town and bring back yours."

"Okay. It is only the middle of the day. It is not good to be in rush."

"Oh. Okay." Griffin smiles.

After he brought her down the mountain and her 4 piglets, he runs to town with his bounty.

It is quite far so she expected him to come back after a long time.
After he disappear in front of her she took the piglets in her spatial room and head back to thr mountain.

Rice can be solved and vegetation.
It is better to find a herb on the mountain alone.
She has limited magic but a magician has a good affinity with nature and forest is their background. The forest will aid a magician as a magician will also rely on the forest.

After a good while she opens her eyes and the the breeze makes her feel cooler.
She can tell which direction to go.

After an hour she thinks that Griffin is about to go back.
She descend the mountain and waited there patiently.

"Kai! Sorry it took me a while. My father saw me and ask me to do some errand. Let's go?"

"Okay."

Griffin didn't let her carry the load and she didn't insist.

"This is good." The restaurant manager smiles. "Little Griffin said he will bring back another batch."

"Sir. How much will you give me for it?"

"25 copper each."

She is not aware if it is the market price but Griffin says so so she agreed.

"A hundred coppers will be heavy. How about I give you a silver coin in exchnage?"

"No need. I will use the money in buying food. Smaller amount is better."

The manager agreed and gave her a hundred copper coins.
It is quite heavy for a thin malnourished child like her.

"Do you need help in your shopping?" Griffin asks in worried voice.
She shakes her head.

"Do I need to pay you for helping me?" She asks.

Griffin shakes his head.
"No need. You help me enough. I can't believe I can earn silver in just one day. I am very glad."

"Then we part here." She said and turn around.

Griffin is left alone and can only turn back to their village.

"4 kilos of rice." She said.

"Salt and sugar."

"Oil."

She is walking without anything on her.
The villagers who heard that Griffin catch alot and shared with Kai is already spreads.
Those who had lend her father's money is now waiting for her but seeing her without anything angers them.

"Where did you bring the money?" They asks.

"I bought grandma's medicine. It cost all the money I have." She said and show an ordinary mushroom."

"Fool! This is not a medicine but a mushroom." One villager shouted and fell in a bottomless anger.

"No. The doctor said it can heal grandma. You just want to cheat me and take it." The child hide the mushroom in her embraced.

"She wasted a hundred coppers for that mushroom? Why don't you go to my house and buy all our mushrooms?" They said angrily.

She snorts.
"Are you a doctor? A good doctor told me to buy it. I won't believe you. All of you are not Kai's friend."

"Let's go. I may be a fool to think that at least one child will be a good crop. As long as the seed is bad the crop will be crooked when they grow up." The villagers left one after another.

She laughs a bit before she went inside.
She heard someone sobbing and when she used an oil lamp she saw her grandma crying.

"Grandma."

"If your grandfather is alive, no one will be able to talk to you like that. In my youth, everyone relies on your grandpa. But when he died everyone forgets his kindness."

"It is fine. I only fool them. I really have food with me. Stay here. I will cook us some porridge."

"You? Help me up. Grandma can atleast cook for us."

"Don't worry about it and just wait. I do talk to a doctor and he accepted me as a disciple. I only have to come thrice a day to town to meet him. He gave me some recipe for you. Be patient and let me do this."

"How can that be possible?"

"Everything is possible grandma."

The child who never talks is now talking. Her cowardly self is also change drastically that she thinks that it is possible that this child is no longer her grandchild.
But if she is not then why is she staying with her?
She feels warm and nod.

"Okay, kai, you are all I have now."

"Slowly, we will get my siblings back."

"......"

A/N:

Lols