Virgo's Assist

Serge flinched seeing the dangerous black clouds in the sky. He gather all the shells and seafood he catches and hurried home.
He didn’t fly because his concealing ability is still poor.

When he came back. He saw Damon and Kai chatting in the front yard.
Bernard is also in the side materializing a water whip.
He frowns.
He likes sword and so he wants to use a sword but if his opponent will be Bernard isn’t he in huge disadvantage.

“Kai, I brought something good.”
Serge said.

Kai walks to him.
“Brother, welcome back.”

Serge hands over a huge sack. There are different kinds of sea creatures.
Some that still in the water jug with water inside the huge sack.
“Oh! I’ll add it in the pond.” She said and carry the heavy bag on her own.

“Brother, your bow and arrow is getting scarier.” Serge said and scratches his head.
“Are you two going for a long range battle?”

Damon smiles.
“That is the plan.”

Bernard also smiles.
“I whip you till you kneel and beg for mercy.”

“It’s not decided that you will be my opponent so shut up.” Serge said and then materialized a huge ice sword.
Smoke is coming out of its body.
His sword is so solid that it looks really made out of ice.
Unlike the two, their materialization has a touch of mana flowing on it. You can tell it is made out of something liquid while Serge’s sword looks a real one.

“Hooh~” Kai nods.
“It’s solid. You cut the flow of mana?”

“I determined that making the mana keeps flowing is not efficient.
So I cut it and yet the materialize object didn’t disappear.

“It’s ice property. Its easy to materialize it but its….” Kai made an ice sword and knock onto Serge’s sword.
Serge sword crumbles like ab ice.
“That….”

“I am stronger so when my sword imbued with mana collide on yours the mana that is binding the ice sword shattered. It will be different if the flow of mana is still there. It will repair itself and fight  with stronger mana flow but you will be drained out of mana because the mana will keep repairing the damage I make. This is one downside of keeping the flow of mana and also the downside of cutting off the mana supply.”

Serge sighs.
“I thought it’s a good idea.”

“It is. You are not wrong. But incase your opponent is stronger and faster and you don’t even have a weapon to protect you, it’ll be bad so only do that when facing a weaker enemy.”

“I see.”

Damon and Bernard also make their own bow and arrow and cut the flow of mana.
Damon bow and arrow became smoke.
Bernard’s whip lost its original form and turn into water.

“The properties of dark magic and Water are not suitable to stay without mana flowing on it. Dark is a gas, Water is liquid. But if you two practice more. You can still make it stay without using mana. You just have to concentrate more mana in it and  control the shape.
If you are not an expert in mana manipulation, the mana inside the item will explode. But if you have a grasps in your mana. It will remain and become a glass like object.”
Kai said and make a dark bow and water whip.
They really have the smooth texture like it was made out of glass but it is not shattering.
Kai flicks her finger and made the bow and whip turn into dark smoke and water.

“I do think you all should not underestimate the others in this mock battle. Lena and sister Penny must be the highest contender in this fight.”

The three looks at each other.
“Now that you say it. I haven’t seen them practicing.” Bernard said.

“Sister Lena and Sister Penny are having a secret training.
Grandma and Grandpa too. I guess the one who looks like their slacking off are you three.”

The three have a wry smile.
“Will step up our game then.” Damon said.

--

Damon participate in the Village meeting.
Though Olivia is present as the head of the house.
Damon is here as a representative of the ‘esteemed Sir’ who wants to buy the village.

When the meeting starts it was rejected by almost all the participants.
But Damon is not sad or he gave up easily.
Olivia is just fanning herself and letting Damon negotiate.

“Ten times? Can you really do that?” they all shocked at Damon’s last proposal.

“I will try my best to negotiate to the esteemed sir.” Damon said.
He knows that if the talk about money reach this point is  almost as good as sold.

Even the village chief is shocked.
“Wait Damon. Should you asks this Esteemed Sir first?” he asks worriedly.

“The esteemed Sir knows that it is not hard to leave the village you grow up to and also the case about the ancestors grave. The esteemed Sir promise not to meddle with the ancestors grave. So you can rest assured.”

The grave site is a mountain away anyways.
Kai doesn’t like disturbing the dead. But she said that they need a grave to collect the Orient wine special ingredient that grows in the graveyard.

They all look excited despite not agreeing openly to Damon’s suggestion.

Damon thinks it is the time to push harder..

“Also, the parts without owners will be sold the same market price. Ten times its worth. And the village chief can distribute the proceeds to everyone.”

“Oh!” everyone have the eyes of greed.
Free money.
Nobody hates more money.
Still relocation is pretty huge step.
Some village doesn’t want to accept outsiders after all.
And the case about fertile land. They need land to till after this.
It is tempting but also scary for people who has no family outside the village.

“Can you give us time for relocation?” the village chief asks.

“The Esteemed Sir said that half of the money will be given after the signing of contract then the other half of money when you move out.
This way you can have the money to buy another land on hand.”

They all look relieved that the Esteemed Sir will not easily throw them out after the buy out.

Some elders doesn’t want to go. It is understandable.
But the younger generations are dead set on leaving.
So in the end, everyone agreed in selling their lands.
The village chief hurriedly calculate all the land in the village that has no owners.
And notarized it all.
They also have to go to the town to finalized the transaction and the transfer of property.
Of course it will be under the name of the siblings because the ‘Esteemed Sir’ doesn’t want to show his face.
Since the esteemed Sir is okay with it. Then the village chief doesn’t mind too.
What’s important is the money should be counted properly.

Virgo frowns after hearing his subordinates report.
“Send it to the brat.” He said afterwards.
Virgo shakes his head.
Though the method is alright.
Buying a whole village is still going to face some serious problem.
“I hope she asks me before she does this things.”
Still, it’s pretty clever to use him as the scapegoat in case this plan failed.
Virgo thinks that the brat is hoping he will fix it without being asks since they are somehow partners in crime.
He chuckles upon thinking about it that way.