Family Rule

After an hour she reach her destination.
There are grasses but also wild lives. Its attracted by the bloody smell and the carnivores tried to devoure the grass only to die with its outer skin poison. Then the dead animal will nourish the bloody tall grass as its fertelizer and the cycle will be repeated. Therefore, the bloody tall grass is concerntrated in one place and it is gigantic tall grass of blood. Maybe the villagers think this place is cursed. You cannot blame them. There are signs everywhere that the place should not be entered or beware of monsters or some exaggerated things.

Bloody tall grass alone is a good herb.
Soak in water for 10 days and it can heal sore throats and small digestive problems.
Boiled and it can enrich any soup. It is very tasty but the boiled grass should be remove and not eaten directly.

She starts harvesting a good amount of bloody tall grass. It is a good medicine and it needed for her orient pearl wine.
Everything that can replenish her mana should be taken in hoard.

She used a portion of what remains in her mana and collected alot of Grass but she refuse to let go of the remaining tall grasses. She is someone who wants everything if she can.

But without magic she is just an ordinary 9 year old kid who can't even pull out a single stalk of grass she gave up and angrily stomp away.

***

"Your highness!"

"What?" Virgo's heart is thumping seeing the wild reaction in the imperial physician's face.

"How did you do this? I have been studying ways to heal your body for 2 decades. We barely manage to suppress it for 30 minutes with pills and medicine but this is the first time that this is happening. It's completely gone!"

"Are you saying I am perfectly cured?" Virgo's eyes flash.

"No. Not yet." The imperial physician furrow gis brows.

"What do you mean?"
Virgo's face sank.

"There is still a possibility that the coldness will resurface. It is just block by now. And the sealing is done properly but if you use your aura the seal will come off and the illness will be back."

"Is there a way to resealed it?"

"Only the doctor who helped you can answer that."
He takes back his hand and look at the prince.

Virgo is thinking deeply.
He didn't ask the little girl what really happened or if she is the one who helped her or someone else came and helped..
Now all his clue is that money grubber child.

"Red and White should go. You two met that child. Invite her to the palace." Virgo said and wave his hand.

"Wait!"

"What is it imperial physician?"

"I want to go too. I want to meet this person that has more intensive medical talent than me myself. I want to be his disciple."

Virgo frowns.
"You have no idea who you are talking about. And can you leave the palace just because you want to?"

"I will talk to his majesty. I am sure he will allow this humble servant." The doctor said in a confident tone.

Virgo sighs.
If he let this old man go. Then the trip will be delayed. He wants to know the result as soon as he can.

"White will accompany the imperial doctor. Blue will go to the Yellow Village to confirm the girl's location. Dismiss."

"Yes."

"Thank you your highness." The happy doctor smiles.

***

Magi is currently kneeling on mongo beans.
Damon is very angry and even though Kai is the one who have the most money and resources he still punished her accordingly.
Kai came back late at night and everyone is scared.
This is what happened after a tight family embraced.

"Brother Damon, I think Kai already learned her lesson. Can you let her stand up?" Lena asks.

"No. 2 hours of bean kneeling. That is the family rules."
Damon said sternly.

"Brother, Maybe Kai have a very good explanation." Penny is also distress. Though they are eating lavishly and heartily its only a couple of days. Kai is still thin and frail.

"I will ask the reason after. Mistake is mistake even if you have a reason behind that." Damon knows his little sister is capable and have many good ideas but he can't be lax and let her run around leaving them in the state of panic every single time she thinks of something.

After the punishment Damon ask Kai why she is late.
Kai tells him that she wanted to try to make Kokosan wine.
And she was late because she is digging the bloody tall grass.
At first she was reluctant to tell her family about it. She is a high rank magician that doesn't need anyone asking her every single time where she was and what is she up to. But the family bean kneeling made her change her mind. It hurts.
And her knees are red and painful.
She really am kneeling down on this ancient people ways of teaching the rights and wrongs.
It is quite effective.

Truth be told she is not very familiar with a feeling of having a family. Just this night. She was reminded that she is the youngest and her brother is the new head of the family. What ever achievement and how much money she rolls in the family she is still beneath her brothers care and rules.
At first she is reluctant to accept it. She is the one making money. She should be followed.
Her pride is hurt.
But she remember that worried faces and warm embraced and finally the complain melted.
She admits her mistake and ask her brother's forgiveness.

"Is it still painful?" Lena stands up and kneel on her bed side.
Magi blinks and look at her big sister.
Only a year older than her.
But she already experience violence,negligence and being abandoned.
How can she still care about the sister who stays behind and never got to experience the same violence?

"Sister," she almost choke saying that one address.

"Hm?"

"Are you not mad and jealous of me? Father didnt sold me."

Lena eyes widen and then she nods her head.

"I am jealous of course."

"So you hate me?"

"There are times when I hate you but I love you more. I heard it is normal for siblings to hate and love each other. Why are you asking me?"

"Because I feel strange. I thought that it will be long before we can be a whole family again. Because there are hatred and selfishness."

Lena chuckles.
"Even if there is hatred and selfishness. A family is a family.Don't worry about it and sleep. We have to go and get brother Serge in the hospital."

"Hmm.."

Lena frowns after Kai went to sleep. She slowly close the door and knock to his grandma's room and her siblings.
With two hands on her waist she looks at them.

"Kai is very sensetive. She just ask me if I hate her. It is true that she made a mistake but who else didn't made mistakes? I know brother wants nothing but Kai's best interest but she is a child that seen all the violence in our family and still wish us to be complete. I am very mad right now because I have to be the one to hear her own thoughts." Lena said angrily in one breath.

Penny looks down.

"I know. We shouldn't just punish kids without hearing them first. Our family rules are there for decades. It is a matter of time to change it and start anew." Grandma said and pat the saddened Damon.

"Okay. It is night already. Let's all sleep. We have to get Serge and go to our new home tomorrow." Bernard said smiling.

A/N:

Very very late breakfast