Home and Guests

"Brother!" Lena and Kai runs to his bed.
Serge smiles and rubs the two kittens who are looking at him with their big black eyes.

"The doctor said we are good to go." Damon smiles and also rubs the two kittens head and then look at Serge.

The color in their faces are back and they a bit meaty not like the first time they met.

"We will go home. You will be surprise." Kai said proudly. She asks a famous carpentry in town and ask to build a two floored house out of bricks.
Their house  located at the north side of the village and pretty isolated from the rest. Now that she build a huge house it will look a bit classy and no longer lonely.
SHe also ask the carpenters to add a wine cellar.
Orient Pearl wine is very delicate. It can't be subjected to any sunlight while being brewed slowly for 3 months.

Everyone is excited. They heard from their grandma that the one who designed the house is Kai. She also went and bought a lot of land.
She said she is not sure what the end result but it sounds wonderful when the carpenter talks about it.

They are near the mountain so the house have a tall and strong gate wall out of strong sturdy huge tree body.
The house are shaped like a smile or wide U shape and had second floors.
The house will have 14 bed rooms. A wide kitchen, a large living room and a separated dining room downstairs. There are a huge balcony on second floor that can watch the entire village while drinking tea.

There are also 2 huge rooms that Kai called as supply room and experimental room.

The back yard is untouched but secured.
It also gotton wider to be able to do more in the future. She thinks raising chickens for eggs and goats for their milks. The window are made out of glass and metal frame. It is very luxurious.

The front yard will be a simple vegatable patches.
All in all she spend an enermous 300 silver coins.
The villagers doesn't know how much exactly it cost but they all jealous cause it surely cost very high. The average house out of wood and grass stalks are 2-4 silvers.
The house out of wood are cost 6-10 silvers.
The village chief is unhappy. His house looks shabby suddenly compared to those childrens. He is the chief and very proud about his house made out of wood so how can he take this defeate.

There are people waiting for the kids to return. They are people before that want to take the money their father borrowed.
And also to cause trouble.

"Is that our house?" Damon is not the only one who is looking at that white house that is looking very grand even from a far.

"Cute right? I spend 190 silvers on the raw materials alone. I spent 300 silvers in total. I guess we will have a merrier life so I spend more time with the house design." Kai smiles. She often talks more now and she also accepted the name Kai.

"Very beautiful. Can we really live in that house? Is that a house or a mansion?"
Olivia is very happy that tears are flowing her eyes.

"You are so amazing." Lena happily hugs Kai and kiss her cheek.

The whole family is riding a horse carriage and there is two more wagon following them. Those wagon are all the things the siblings bought in their stay in town. Some are even bought in the city.
Villagers are all looking gloomily at the siblings. They are full of jealousy.

"Hey! You got to pay us!" A woman step forward after seeing the insecured people with her.

Damon is wearing a simple blue top and pants but he looks like a young master from a distinct large family.

"Mrs. Oxfield." Damon smiles. Of course he knows that his father has so many borrowed money. He already talk about it with the whole family. Kai gave him a thousand silver to solve all the future problems.
Except from Damon, everyone ignores the people who wants to find trouble and instruct the men to unload their items. The house are fully furnished. Penny is the one who bought the furnitures and since she is the family's seamstress. She bought so many fabric for clothes purposes and for curtains, for table clothes, and other more stuffs. She is very capable and her embroidery is very beautiful.
She is the one who easily told the men where to put things. Kai and Lena went ahead to the back yard. Kai doesn't matter about other stuff because she realize that her siblings are very capable. Grandma also went ahead her room to rest uncaring about other matters. Who told her to have capable grandchildren?

Bernard and Serge helps in carrying their stuff inside the house.

"Why did you call me?" The unhappy village chief ask.

Damon smiles politely.

"Village Chief, we bother you and trouble you. As you can see our village people are asking me to pay for father's debt."

"Little Damon, debt is debt. If you are capable you should pay." The village chief said.

"Yes. Yes. I agree. But what I want is the village chief help."

"What can I do for you? You are old enouh to count money."

"Village chief knows I am illeterate. I wish to have a written paper that says our debt is paid before I gave the money. Of course this will trouble the chief and so I can only compensate him." Damon said politely.

The word compensate is very polite but the village chief is already calculating. They are rich now. He should atleast get a silver coin or two.

He waves his sleeve.
"What compensate? Are you looking down on me? I will write. No need to say compensation."
The village chief said angrily.

Damon only smiles.
Its a deal then.
Village chief has a face to maintain. Even if he said he won't accept it the people should know when to 'insist'.

This is Damon first time entering the house but it is very overwhelming.
They went to the wide receiving area on the front house which they doesn't need to enter the house completely.
The place is cozy, large so its not stuffy and the unwanted people doesn't need to enter the house to be seated.

It can also be used as a dining area in the front lawn.
Everyone is very jealous with this and their heads keep on peeking inside but to no avail.
The  men who is carrying the items doesn't use the main door instead they are using the back door. It is door connected to the dirty kitchen, then to the dining area then the living area.

"Penny, prepare some snacks and refreshments for the village chief and other guests." Damon said.

Penny nods and went to the kitchen. Serge is the one who later assume her role in instructing the men where is which.

A/N:

Gawd. My brain almost give up. Lols