How is that possible?

"Kai, this is a porridge you made? Where did you get the chicken?"

"In the mountain."

"How did you catch something like that?"

"They are quite stupid so it is easy to catch them. You should eat. I put alot of herbs in this porridge. Tomorrow I will cook the same and put 2 eggs. We can each have one."

Grandma Olivia trembles and sniffs.
"I actually told your father that I don't want to sell you because It is easy to have someone to help me in the house and not because I cared for you. I only cared about my son. But look at me. Abandoned by my son. And you...."

She nods.
"This family has lost its familial love."

Olivia feel heartbroken but she nods.
"Selfishness ruins everything."

"It is fine. Grandmother is not wrong. I will help you in the house and in the farm.But when I get back my sibling you should repent and love them. We should get back the familial love we once lost."

"Can they forgive me? I who doesn't fight for them."

"We will never know. But I will not abandon you. Even father. If he needs us and willing to get back to be a family again. I will accept him."

"....but what if he takes everything again and ruin everything?"
It seems the mother who once blindly love her own son is now the one who despise him the most.

"Grandma people change."

"......I will listen to you."

***

Though she is not sure if her father will really change she is not that powerless to not be able to make him powerless.

After eating they sleep.

Even before the sun rise people see the young child weeding their field.

The farmers can only pity her and after a while ignores her.
The thing is she is now plowing the land.
It is very fast.
She looks so small so how can she do much.
Her family's field doesn't have irrigation so she needs to carry water. But it seems like she only went to get water for a while and now her field is ready for planting.

"Am I dreaming?" One farmer stops and gape.

The other farmers didn't think much. Maybe the girl just casually do things.
It is not like just a simple plowing can ensure a good crops to grow.

The little girl is like a small imp that is busily going here to there.
Her field is not small.
It is a hectare wide.
She only stops when lunch arrives. She went to her home and cook for her grandma. A continous supply of good food and herbs will be good for both of their bodies.

She came back to the farm afterwards.
The farmer are leaving the field one by one.
The sun is setting.

Kai then use her magic to nourished her field and made a simple protective spell that will prevent small animals attack.
She can only do much. If she used a spell for growth it will be very strange so she refrain from being too bold.

She went home to cook for dinner.
After planting she didn't have to go to the field everyday.
Her magic spell will prevent harmful animals and insect and also nourished her field.
She only have to water the plants once a week at least to not let others realize it.

She is more often in the forest taking all the herbs.
She find out that some special herbs can replenish her magic.
Not everything has a magic inside and it is just a few drops of magic power but she is very pleased.

It is still hunting that can earn her more money.
But using Griffin's help is not desireable.
Griffin might not tell but his parents will gossips.
She wants to avoid people from being suspicious and harrassing her.

She is finding some ginseng when a white tiger appear before her.
She tilts her head.
"Are you so eager to die?"

The tiger growls.
The tiger is white with a black strips on it. It looks so beautiful.

For her killing this ferocious animal is very easy.
But it will cause alot of undesireable outcome.

"I don't need your life. Leave."

The tiger jumps and open its huge mouth wanting to swallow her.
She use her whole hand swiping on the air but at the same time the tiger got swiped out in the air
There is no visible injury but the tiger eyrs are rolled into white and it is unmoving as if it's soul got sucked out.

The huge tiger fell in the ground and the grass are smashed by its massive body.
She sigh.

"I wouldn't have taken your life if you just listen to me." She took the tiger's body into her spatial space.

"Oh...the meat has a magic essence!" Surprise, her eyes shines.
It is not too much magic but it is still enough for her to be so happy.
She finally understand that the higher level the thing is, the more possible for it to have magic on it. And the higher it was the higher magic she can get from it.

She lost her interest in the ginseng and hurry home.

"I heard eating good meat is also good for our body to replenished. Eat alot grandma."

"So much. This is good enough for 6 to 8 people. Why cook so many?" Olivia ask distress.

"Just eat as much as you can. I am still young so I need to eat alot." She said.
She doesn't have to really worry about it. Food with magic essense is actually easy to digest. Being fat is out of the question. The more you eat, the better."

"Oh. You really know how to talk now."

"Hmm."

"Tomorrow, grandma thinks I can help you watch the farm. You have to see your master thrice a week right? You can't look for the field so I will do it."

"Grandma doesn't need to!" She really doesn't need to.

"Foolish. Don't you wish to get your siblings back? We have to work together."

"Right...I almost forgot. I will start earning money tomorrow."

"You.How are you going to do that?"

"I will get some sea food. Rosa invited me to go with them."

"Do you know how to swim?"

"Grandma...I am not so stupid."

"Sure. Sure. But you have to be very very careful."

"Hmm."

***

"Kai, this is the sea."

Magi frowns.
"I can see it for myself."
She said in discontent.
They are 4 kids.
Griffin also comes with them.
They are all in one village.
They plan to collect some sea shells. The two boys wants to give it a shot and catch fish.

She wished to collect clams or abalones.
Just one is enough for her to raised them on their backyards.

If her magic is not limited she can only use her magic to pull the creatures out of the water.
But given how limited and how hard it was to replenish she can only go and get them herself.

Rosa only wants to play and makes Griffin likes her.
She is shocked when she realized that the smallest Kai wished to go to the water too.

A/N:

Haist.