Grave Flower

Prince Virgo walks to the roofed bench where his father, the King is drinking his tea.
There are soldiers on the sides that are training their swing. Their shouts are loud but the King seems like he is unable to hear those shouts as he drinks tea slowly.

"Father King,"

"Sit down."

"Yes."

The King serves the tea and the prince slowly smells it before he takes a light sip.

"It is refreshing."

"Hmm." The King smiles a bit.

"Father King, about my condition..."

"The imperial physician is old. But he is always so noisy. He nags me all day just to let him go."
-That old bastard.
The King didn't say the last part aloud.

Prince Virgo smiles wryly.

"He told me about your condition. We have to find that girl."

"Yes."

"Do you know who ambushed you?"

"I have an idea."

"Virgo....You are all my children... It pains me to see you dying in each other's hands."

"But it is inevitable." Virgo says gulping the tea down.

"......I favored you."

"Yes, Your highness. I am aware and thankful."

"So do not die."

"Thank you, Imperial father."

Prince Virgo stood up and left.

The King is left drinking his tea.

"They said I have to bore a lot of children for the country. But....they are now trying to kill each other. I shouldn't have listened to my father. I hope my sons.....will stay alive a bit longer, In this cruel world."

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Kai looks at the old man who is tailing her.
"What do you want ,old man?"

"Hmp. What are you doing in this remote place?"

"Are you....a thief?"

"Stupid! Idiot! I am a great doctor! I am the impe--- I throw gold to play with myself!"

Kai frowns.
"In short, you are an idiot?"

"This--- I am just curious about you. No need to feel worried."
The imperial doctor coughs.

Kai looks at the old man as if he is stupid.
But she then proceeds to the graveyard. She needs two more ingredients for her orient pearl wine.
One is the blue lemon grapefruit and the last one is a grave flower.

Grave flower is a very ugly flower that looks like a mourning face. Grave flower, like it's name,can only be harvested in the graveyard. Why would a flower that symbolize death is one of the main ingredients for a mana wine? Well, contrary to people's beliefs and this flower outer outlook. This is a flower that can be eaten. And also very nutritious and tasty. It also absorbs moonlight and sunlight and has a high concentrated mana because of it. Grave flower is ugly. So even animals do not eat them so they are leisure plant which it ain't have sworn enemy.....until mages learn their uses.

"Why are you taking those creepy flowers? Aren't you scared that the dead will haunt you?"

Kai ignores the old man.

She took a sack in her space and gather the flowers.
Grave flower is small thumb sized but they grow quickly.

"Hey you! Aren't you the girl I am looking for?" The old man became startled.

Kai ignores him.

"I will help you gather those creepy flowers. In exchange, you tell me what I want to know."

Kai looks at the old man.
"I won't tell you my body measurement."

"....why would I want to know?"
The old man became confused.

"Aren't you like that?"

"Like what?"

"Old man with a young girl fetish."

"Whattt???!!!! Quit joking!"

"Heh."

Kai ignores the old man but the old man is still angry.
He also took a bag and use his hand to collect the flower.

"Do not pick them like that. You will damage the roots. Scoop them like this."

"I see. What are these used for?"

"I thought you said you are a doctor?" Kai frowns.

The imperial doctor blushes in anger.

"This is not about being a doctor! I am not someone knowledgeable about flowers!"

"Hmm..."

Kai didn't react and just continued to pick the grave flower. She intends to make hundreds of large barrels of orient pearl wine. No one can stop her.

".....*cough* I believe that I spoke too immaturely." The old man says while faking a cough. "Some flowers are also used to treat patients. I just....I am not sure how these ugly flowers can be used."
He looks confused while looking at the flower.

Kai looks at him.
The old man obviously has a temper of a distinguished man. And his clothes are different from her clothes though it is already made from the best textile in their city.
But he swallows his pride and follows her.
Curious about the knowledge that she has that he doesn't have.
He helps her, making his once beautiful hand covered in soil and dirt.

Kai clicks her tongue.
'Who cares if he is kind? He still looks like a pedophile to me.'

But Kai is not swayed by him.

"Why are you clicking your tongue!? You....have so little manners!"
He angrily grumbles.

"Talk, old man."

"What?"

"You said you want to hear something from me?"

"Yes. Actually, my young master was once saved by a little girl in the forest near the Yellow Land Village. I am searching for her high and low but I can't find her."

Kai frowns
"And?"

"Is it you?"

"Is that young master, looks like the world owed him money, arrogant and didn't even know how to thank people?"

".......yeah. quite." The old man sighs. "So it was you huh... I can't believe it. I wasted a week and those hidden guards didn't find you. Worthless."

"Yes. They need a power of a Pedophile to find someone like me. What do you want from me?"

" I don't know what you mean by a pedophile but I sure don't like it!"

"I sure don't care."

"You-"

"So? What do you want from me? If he gotten worse it is not my fault anymore."

"No. Actually, I want your help to completely remove his illness."

"8 thousand year old ginseng."

"Pardon?"

"I don't care what kind. The rarest, the better. Give it to me and I will cure him."

"......I want to learn from you. Tell me the antidote."

Kai sighs.
"You can't make it even though I tell you how."
-Its magic after all.

"Even though it is harsh and painful. I will do my best to learn."

".........."
Kai smiles.
If she can use magic....maybe others can too.
How about she experiments a little and if it is possible she will make her siblings a magician like her!

"Okay. It will be painful."

"I will do my best."

A/N:

The promise Update^_^)/