two

"Where the hell are you?" a loud, angry voice rang through the phone. "I-I'm just with Jimin--" "I told you I don't want you going anywhere when I'm at work. You're so fucking stupid, you know that? I'm trying to protect you, but you keep just pretending like these rules don't exist. Stop hanging out with Jimin. I don't like him. As soon as I get off work, I'm picking your stupid ass up from where ever the hell you are. Send me your location, now," he growled. 

Jeongguk's breath hitched as tears dripped silently onto his lap. "N-No." "Did you just say no? Jeongguk, are you fucking serious? That's it, I'm leaving right now," he snapped, causing panic to rise within Jeongguk. "No wait! Please, I-I'll send you my location," Jeongguk tried to reason with the man but he had already hung up. He threw his phone down onto the ground and sobbed into his hands. Jeongguk hated being treated like some worthless slave. But he was too scared to break up with his boyfriend. He desperately tried to steady his breathing and wiped his non-stop tears. Taehyung bit his lip to stop from talking. He watched as Jeongguk took big breaths, his shoulders shaking with each one. Jeongguk didn't want to have a breakdown in the middle of a salon. Taehyung took cautious steps towards him and put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"Let's wash that stuff out of your hair, yeah?" Jeongguk nodded, still sniffling a bit. The warmth that Taehyung radiated seeped into Jeongguk and lightened his mood just a tad bit. He followed Taehyung over to the washing station and laid down, letting Taehyung run his pretty hands through Jeongguk's hair. Taehyung couldn't help but let his eyes wander down to the boy's body. He had a rather fit physique, but he was definitely on the skinnier side. 

You could see his ribs through his thin shirt. Taehyung's heart dropped as he looked down to his arms. Finger shaped bruises were around his wrists and forearms. The bad feeling came back to Taehyung. He had every reason to believe that Jeongguk was in an abusive relationship. Though he'd only met the boy today and he didn't have the details, he felt as though he had to do something. He didn't know how to bring it up casually and without sending him into a panic attack. He pursed his lips together and finished washing Jeongguk's hair. Taehyung dried Jeongguk's hair off with a towel and watched as he became anxious again. 

"I'm not gonna blow dry your hair. I wanna give you more time to get to Jimin's house so that you don't get in trouble," Taehyung spoke. Jeongguk looked up at him, curiosity and confusion hinting behind his eyes. "Sorry, I had a bad feeling so I listened in on your conversation. I know that's rude, but I really think you should go to Jimin's house so that you don't get in even more trouble for lying," Taehyung stated, his eyes suddenly losing their haze. His attention was completely on the latter, causing Jeongguk's cheeks to heat up. Did he know about his boyfriend? Jeongguk stayed silent and avoided Taehung's gaze.

"I appreciate your concern, but everything is fine," Jeongguk blatantly lied. Taehyung only hummed in response, not believing a word he said; his mind was already made up. "My statement still stands. You should get going." Jeongguk was getting irritated. He tried to keep a cool composure. The last thing he needed was someone knowing about his boyfriend's abusive tendencies. "Here, take this," Taehyung smiled as he handed Jeongguk his business card. Jeongguk took it along with his phone and stuffed it in his pocket. "Let me pay before I leave--" "Jeongguk, go," Taehyung urged. There it was again. That chill that Jeongguk got when Taehyung said his name. He hesitated. Jeongguk spared Taehyung a glance before exiting the salon quickly. His eyes darted around the area nervously, hoping that his boyfriend hadn't made it to Jimin's house yet. He jogged to Jimin's street and down to his house, breathing out a sigh of relief when he didn't see his boyfriend's dreaded blue truck in the driveway. Jeongguk didn't waste any time entering the house, seeing Jimin with his boyfriend, Hoseok. "Jeongguk, since when did you go blonde--" "No time to explain, Kyong is on his way right now and he's pissed cause I didn't answer his calls," Jeongguk rambled on quickly. Jimin's eyes widened as he stood up.

"Hoseok, go make some tea." Hoseok nodded, knowing the routine by now sadly. Jimin looked out the window before closing the blinds. "Jeongguk, go upstairs and pretend you're sleeping. I'll calm him down," Jimin spoke softly. Jeongguk nodded, tears already falling from his pretty brown eyes. Jimin had been helping Jeongguk for months now with Kyong. He was heart-broken when Jeongguk finally told him of his dangerous situation. Though he understood why Jeongguk couldn't break up with him immediately, he hated this routine. Jimin kissed Jeongguk's forehead reassuringly and rushed him upstairs. "Jimin, how much longer is this going to continue?" Hoseok asked. Jimin pursed his lips together, feeling the tears form in his eyes. "I-I hope it'll end soon, but I'm scared Jeongguk will get hurt more if he tries to cut him off," Jimin explained. "Jeongguk is terrified of him, babe." Hoseok hugged Jimin tightly and stroked his soft hair. "It's gonna be okay. We'll get him out of this and take care of him until then." Jimin nodded, still sniffling softly. A sudden, loud knock at the door echoed throughout the house, startling everyone. Poor Jeongguk was probably hugging himself in fear. Hoseok returned to the kitchen and watched Jimin answer the door out of the corner of his eye. "Hello Kyong--" 

"Where is he?"