seventeen

Jeongguk awoke to Taehyung hovering above him, a gentle smile on his face. "Good morning baby." Jeongguk grinned cutely, sitting up as he ran a hand through his messy hair. "I wanted to let you sleep in, but we have to leave soon." Jeongguk nodded, absolutely dreading the trial. He knew that seeing Kyong would hurt more than anything, but it was for the greater good; Kyong would be going to jail. As Jeongguk slowly got out of his morning haze, he noticed that Taehyung was wearing a pair of gray slacks and a button up shirt, a matching gray blazer covering his broad shoulders. "Why must you look at me with those hungry eyes?" Taehyung joked, causing Jeongguk to immediately avert his gaze.

"Go wash up. I'll make us some breakfast." Jeongguk stood up sleepily and waddled into the bathroom. He showered quickly and changed into an outfit almost identical to Taehyung's except it was black. Jeongguk walked into the kitchen, fumbling with his tie, almost running into the dining room table. Taehyung turned around, chuckling as Jeongguk looked up at him, a look of helplessness in his eyes. He set his spatula down and grabbed Jeongguk's tie, pulling him close as he tied it for him. Jeongguk could feel his face burn with embarrassment just from being that close to the older. "You're adorable," Taehyng pouted playfully, leaving a quick peck on Jeongguk's forehead. He handed Jeongguk a plate with bacon and eggs on it as he finished up eating his own.

"I didn't make any toast, sorry. We can go get a round two of breakfast after the trial if you're still hungry," Taehyung smiled as Jeongguk climbed onto the counter, a piece of bacon sticking out of his mouth. "Tea?" Jeongguk asked. He'd gotten used to drinking nothing but tea, quickly dropping his love for coffee. "Oh yeah, what kind?" Jeongguk paused momentarily. "Rose?" Taehyung nodded and retrieved the corresponding mason jar from the fridge, pouring the pink liquid into a glass. Jeongguk finished his breakfast quickly, handing his dirty cup and plate to Taehyung. He rested his chin on Taehyung's shoulder as he washed the dishes. "Are you ready to go, baby?" Jeongguk took a deep breath, letting out a small 'yes'.

A/N: Be prepared for some long chapters ahead :')