twentyfour

"I can't believe you're leaving already," Jimin whined as he hugged Jeongguk tightly, not wanting him to go home quite yet. "Well, Tae has to get back to work and I have to clean up the house a bit. I promise I'll come see you soon though. Maybe you can even come over for dinner sometime," Jeongguk smiled reassuringly as he tried to pry Jimin off of him. With a playful huff, Jimin finally released Jeongguk from his grip.

"You better not just disappear for months again. I'll find you and beat you up, you hear me?" he threatened, shaking his fist in Jeongguk's face. Jeongguk giggled and brought Jimin in for one more hug. "It was nice meeting you, Taehyung," Hoseok smiled as he bowed at the latter, Taehyung doing the same.

"It was nice meeting you too. Oh, and thank you for taking such good care of Jeongguk and helping him as much as you could. It means a lot to me." "You really should be thanking Jimin for that. He's practically his mom," Hoseok joked as he pointed at Jimin. "Are you ready to go Tae?" Jeongguk asked. Taehyung nodded and intertwined their fingers, causing a proud grin to erupt from Jimin. "Thank you guys again for everything. See you later." The pair entered the car, shy smiles on their faces. "Well that was an adventure," Taehyung snickered. Jeongguk nodded in agreement before resting his head on Taehyung's shoulder. "It was worth it though," he stated, leaving a gentle smooch on Taehyung's shoulder.

Taehyung smiled at this, his cheeks turning a gleeful shade of pink as he placed a hand on Jeongguk's thigh. The car ride was comfortably quiet since both boys had already said enough the night before; nothing more was needed to be spoken for a while. They arrived and Taehyung immediately approached his garden, planting a few buds that Jimin had gifted to him. "You should've told me about Jimin and his garden earlier," Taehyung scoffed playfully.

"He makes my gardening skills look terrible." Jeongguk laughed as he knelt down next to him, watching as Taehyung's delicate hands covered up the buds with the rich soil. Taehyung dusted off his hands and met Jeongguk's big brown eyes, a sense of contentment behind their beauty.

He carefully plucked a nearby flower and tucked it behind Jeongguk's ear, thinking of how ethereal he always looked. Oh how his smile took Taehyung's breath away, stealing it straight from his lungs like some kind of master seductress. The sun reflected off of his eyes, giving the dark brown some shades of gold and yellow.

It looked as if fires sparkled within his orbs. How did he manage to capture such an angel? Jeongguk's lips looked glossy and so perfectly sculpted, Taehyung couldn't take his eyes away from them. Soon, he found himself leaning in, his hands becoming tangled in Jeongguk's soft hair as their lips connected.

The familiar butterflies began to gorge on their stomachs as the kiss deepened, Taehyung's sly tongue swiping over Jeongguk's bottom lip. Jeongguk tore away from the kiss, a half-lidded smirk spreading across his face. When had he become so confident? They stood up silently, their hands already glued together as they entered the house. "I'll make some tea," Taehyung stated, leaving Jeongguk alone in the living room. Jeongguk sat down on the couch, thinking back to the events of the night before.

They confessed their feelings for each other, but what did that make them? What did it mean for their relationship? Jeongguk gazed at Taehyung's back as he almost seemed to glide across the kitchen floor. Everything he did seemed so effortlessly flawless, it came as such a shock to see him shut down the way he did. Jeongguk stood up and hugged Taehyung from behind, nuzzling his head in the crook of Taehyung's neck.

"I think we should talk," he stated. Taehyung frowned, though he knew he couldn't avoid this forever. "Same." The two sat down at the dining room table, their faces contorting into expressions of uneasiness. Why were they so nervous? Jeongguk suddenly cleared his throat, averting his gaze from the older. "About last night...what uh, wh-what does that mean for us now?" Taehyung bit his bottom lip.

"I-I don't know..."

"Where do we go from here, Tae?" Jeongguk asked as he leaned forward, resting his forearms on the table. "You tell me. Are you ready for what comes next?" Jeongguk looked taken aback by Taehyung's question. Was he ready to be in a relationship?

Just thinking about being in another relationship made Jeongguk's skin crawl-- even if it was with Taehyung, the man he was falling madly in love with. Taehyung could see how Jeongguk squirmed at the mention of a relationship. "I-I'm sorry, I don't think I'm ready for that quite yet. Putting a label on it makes it seem a lot more...I don't know," he rambled on. Taehyung smiled fondly at him as he ruffled his hair.

"That's okay, I wasn't expecting you to just hop into a relationship anyways. Plus," he started as he stood up, tapping the bottom of Jeongguk's chin. "I'll be here when you're ready. I love you, remember?" Jeongguk's face flushed red as Taehyung's lips met his, the familiar sweet taste melting over his own.

"B-But don't we have to be dating to, you know...kiss?" he asked shyly. Taehyung shook his head. "If you don't want me to, I can stop." Jeongguk's eyes widened comically. "N-No! I just...nevermind." "Is it possible that you like my kisses?" Taehyung teased. Jeongguk crossed his arms, ready to deny Taehyung's statement until he felt his lips against his once again.

"M-Maybe a little bit..." Taehyung chuckled and scooped Jeongguk up, holding him like a baby-- his baby. "I'm willing to wait for you, no matter how long it takes," he muttered, running his long fingers through his hair soothingly. "I-I'm sorry, I know you must be disappointed--"

"Don't apologize Gguk, I'm okay. I won't ever force you to do something you're not ready for," Taehyung reassured, leaving a sweet kiss on his forehead. "And you're allowed to leave whenever you want to. I didn't mean to make you feel like you have to stay here, but it's preferred. I don't know how I'd be able to live without waking up to your cute little self." Jeongguk pouted and covered his quickly reddening face with his sweater paws.

Taehyung cooed and removed Jeongguk's hands, pecking his nose quickly. Feelings of relief washed over him; he didn't have to hold back anymore. He could finally hold and kiss his baby without worrying about him being uncomfortable. He could finally shower him in love and affection. He could finally pamper him and treat him the way he deserved to be treated.

Jeongguk deserved only the best-- only love. And that's exactly what Taehyung planned on giving to him.