sixteen

"Taehyung? Is that you?" a sudden voice called, causing both of the boys to look up. A muscular boy around Taehyung's height approached the two, a smirk plastered on his lips with dimples to compliment it. Jeongguk mostly hid behind Taehyung, eyeing the man. "Namjoon? What are you doing here?" Taehyung asked, a small smile on his face. "Just watching a movie with my boyfriend," he beamed.

"Boyfriend? How come I haven't met him yet?" Namjoon laughed nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I-I didn't know if you still wanted to be friends or not..." he trailed. Taehyung furrowed his brows. "Joon, of course I still wanna be friends. That's what I told you when we broke up." With that, Jeongguk felt his mood drop. The attractive man that stood before him was Taehyung's ex. Namjoon was the complete opposite of Jeongguk, making Jeongguk extremely insecure. He was muscular and tall and so good looking, all things that Jeongguk wished he could be. So this is Taehyung's type? "I know that, I just thought it'd be... awkward," the older man muttered as he held his hands politely behind his back. "It's only awkward if you make it awkward. You have a boyfriend, right? So that should make us even less awkward cause that means you've moved on too. Stop stressing about it Joon, it's fine."

Jeongguk didn't like the reassuring smile on Taehyung's face. And Joon? Jeongguk didn't like that nickname either. "If you say so Tae." Tae? Only Jeongguk called him Tae. Namjoon's phone rang as he picked it up, noticing that it was his boyfriend calling. "I should probably get going, my boyfriend's calling me. It was good to see you, and nice to meet you, uh--" "Jeongguk," Taehyung finished for him, a shy smile on his face. Namjoon jogged off towards the ticket line, leaving the pair behind. "Sorry about that, I didn't know he'd be here," Taehyung apologized, a sheepish grin on his lips. "It's fine," Jeongguk mumbled, not really in a good mood. Taehyung immediately caught onto his demeanor's shift, but he kept quiet. They drove home in silence, contrasting from how loud they'd been when they'd arrived. As they entered the house, Jeongguk could feel Taehyung's eyes on him. "Talk to me Gguk, what's wrong?" he asked sweetly as he leaned against the wall, trying to meet the younger's eyes. Jeongguk bit his lip and played with his fingers.

After a long pause, Taehyung took a deep breath. "I'm gonna go take a shower. When I get out, you better be ready to talk," he stated, ruffling Jeongguk's hair. A pout appeared on Jeongguk's lips as he watched Taehyung disappear behind the bathroom door. He sighed as he made his way to his bedroom, changing out of his constricting jeans and into a pair of soft black joggers instead. He kept the choker on, thinking it looked cute. But the image of Namjoon popped into his mind again. He was manly, not feminine like Jeongguk at all. After a long slew of thoughts, Jeongguk took the choker off, his eyes drooping with sadness. He heard the running water come to a stop, signaling that Taehyung was done. Jeongguk hesitantly lifted up his shirt, looking down at his stomach. He'd gained some weight, but he was still severely skinny. His stomach was flat-- no longer concave-- and his ribs were barely poking out. There was absolutely no muscle, only a few thin scars. Everything about him was delicate, not comparable to Namjoon in any way.

But why did he care so much? Why was he so concerned about how Taehyung thought of him? They were just friends, after all. Despite this, the younger's heart yearned for Taehyung, craving his eyes on him only. Before he could dwell more, Taehyung opened his door, Jeongguk immediately dropping his shirt. "Com'on," he motioned for him to follow him. Jeongguk did so, gazing at the older's bare back. A light blush fell over his cheeks as his eyes trailed down to the sweatpants that hung loosely on his hips. "Sorry, I'll put a shirt on," he laughed as he noticed how Jeongguk's face was practically on fire. After slipping on an oversized band tee, he crawled into bed, his arms open for Jeongguk. Jeongguk didn't hesitate to fall into his loving embrace, his heart feeling utterly content. "So what's up with you, baby?" he asked, his husky voice unravelling the boy. Jeongguk buried his head in Taehyung's chest, feeling embarrassed. "I-I'm too girly," he finally murmured, causing Taehyung to look down at him questioningly. "Too girly? What do you mean?"

He sat up a little, leaning against his headboard as Jeongguk lifted himself off of his chest, still not meeting his eyes. "I dunno, I'm just weird looking I guess. I'm too skinny and I don't have any muscles and I'm short and--" "Not anything like Namjoon?" Taehyung finished, a knowing look in his eyes. Jeongguk pursed his lips and nodded, already feeling the judgement in Taehyung's gaze. "Gguk, you're beautiful. Yeah, you don't look like Namjoon, but so what? He's kinda weird looking if you look close enough. Besides," he spoke as he tapped Jeongguk's chin, forcing him to look up. "I think you're way cuter than he'll ever be." Jeongguk felt his face become a dark red color as Taehyung's lips grazed his forehead. "Namjoon's too buff for me. I prefer pretty boys," Taehyung smirked, loving how Jeongguk became flustered so easily. Though neither of them dared to say it out loud, they both knew that it was indeed weird for Jeongguk to get jealous over Taehyung's ex.

It's not like they were a couple, so he shouldn't be reacting that way-- and Taehyung shouldn't be comforting him in that way either. They weren't dating, so why? The awkward tension hung in the air as they both felt a wave of drowsiness hit them. Just as they were about to fall asleep, Taehyung suddenly shot up, startling the half-asleep boy on his chest. "Jeongguk, you know what we have to do tomorrow, right?" he asked, eyeing Jeongguk carefully. Jeongguk's eyes softened as he nodded. "Court," he muttered. It was the day of Kyong's trial. "Are you sure you're okay with going? I don't want to put that unnecessary stress on you..." "It's fine, I can't just hide from him forever," Jeongguk sighed, staring blankly at the wall.

"If it makes you feel any better, I'll be with you the whole time. I want him to go to jail just as much as you do baby. You're not facing him alone." Jeongguk smiled as he looked up at Taehyung, his nose scrunched up cutely. "You're my favorite," he giggled, sending Taehyung's heart into overload. He laid back down and grabbed at Taehyung's shirt softly. Taehyung wrapped his arms securely around his waist, holding him in place while he drifted off to sleep.