Confused

My head hurt, my stomach ache more than ever... pure sadness and rage filled my body. I stretched my bow and arrow and shoot straight to the bottle.

I was so angry. I didn't even know why... I felt that my chest burned and I could barely breathe. I could feel the flames that wanted to come out of my body. She hid me her super powers during all this time. Why? And why didn't she use them when we lost our families? Questions without answers were driving me crazy, unable to concentrate in anything else. I've never been mad at her before, or disappointed... but now I suddenly didn't trust her.

It hurt having that feeling cause I actually knew she didn't do anything bad,... she could've told me before. Things would've happened differently, it's not fair.

Also, I was so worried about her! All this time she could've escaped without any problems... she didn't need saving. Why didn't she tho? Didn't she thought that I could be suffering?

Just why why why?! Why?!

The idea of her not caring about me... or just yeah hiding shit from me, it hurt. I was mad at her, I was confused. My mussels tensed, I took a deep breath and let and arrow take away part of my pain. The bottle fell, nothing, the pain that was gone somehow returned to me and hit me harder.

Was she my friend? Or she was just with me cause someone told her too? Or cause.... I dunno. But if she cared about me she would've told me... right?

While I was shooting I had faith in her coming to talk to me... but she didn't come. I went back to the cottage to see her with John and Helena. Ahh, they're just talking. She didn't even look at me.

She'd never acted like this before with me.

I was so confused. The pain started to feel like a thousand swords slowly getting deeper and deeper into my chest, cutting me. My stomach felt queasy. I ran pass them straight to the ledge. I just wanted to lay down for a couple of minutes. I manage to avoid them and once up stairs, I closed tiny cabins door and simply stood there. My thoughts where repeating in my head, over and over again.

Why did it hurt so much? It wasn't like if she was super mad at me? Or dead? Or like a brake up?

Was it? Ahhh I feel like a fourteen year old teen.

"Harry?" The voice scared the fuck out of me and I turned with my bow and arrow ready to shoot. I felt the fire inside me again, hot, painful, pure range. "Hey hey hey... man it's me. Zack... holy shit calm down." I looked at his face and immediately turned away to hide mine.

"Yo man... second time you try to kill me..." I accidentally sobbed after he finished the sentence "Are you crying?" He came closer to me and sat next to me... "what's going on?"

I stood steal and didn't turned to face him. I didn't want to talk to anyone. That's what all this shooting shit was all about! Not shooting him was a miracle... a tear fell down my cheek despite my efforts to contain it. He was still there, sitting behind me.

"Nothing Zack, I'm all good" I dried the few tears that came out and turned to face him. A fake smile appeared in my face "I just came from practicing my shooting skills" I could feel the fake smile melting while my throat stared burning again and my heart pounding harder than usual. My face probably looked deformed because Zack looked at me weirdly and worried.

"Yeah I don't buy it mate... spill it." My fake smile disappeared and I let myself cry.

I faced down and bit my lower lip... silently trying to contain the unreasonable pain I was feeling. I could've saved my parents, my little sister, her family... I cried like a baby in front of Zack. I let all the stress, pain, agony... that had been accumulating since day zero, everything that was happening now could've helped me find a...

"Shit mate..." he gave me a quick hug and friendly pushed me back a lil bit "is ok to cry you know..." he looked towards John, Helena and Allie, then back to me. "Is it because of Allie?"

"I don't know anymore." I sobbed "I'm just confused with everything, I can't feel anything, it's just nothing... I feel this unreasonable pain and can't actually feel." I said this facing to the ground. He must've thought I was being so dramatic, I felt so dramatic. I felt I was creating a massive as drama where there shouldn't be one. I couldn't change the pass, I was supposed to know that already!

"Look, it's normal ok... we all have this moments. Life ain't easy mate." He looked back to the others, kind of checking to see if they were watching or not. "Ok, follow me, I'm gonna show ya something." He gave a last glaze towards the others, then looked at me. "Let's go, hurry."

We sneaked pass them into the bush. If you've been to Auckland you probably know where Orakei is, well... It's completely different to what you can imagine, to what it used to be. The bush has eaten everything. There was no Coates Avenue, with all it's busy shops, happy neighbors and kids crying to their mum's cause they want candy from the dairy. My heart sank and my mind went back to when everything was normal. I saw my dad going inside the empty and decadent dairy, my mum coming out of the little Londonaire salon with a brand new hair cut, my sister running around with friends...

Did they know too? Did they know I could create fire and they didn't tell me? Where them like me?

"Mate wake up, we nearly there." Zack snap me out of my dream state.

He kept walking down the road towards the circus. We used to call it like this. It's just a roundabout further down Coats Avenue. He looked back at me with a smile.

"You know where I'm taking you Aye?" I had my ideas, but I wasn't really sure.

"Uhhh... not sure dude."

"Didn't you use to live around here!?"

"Yeah but everything has changed... now it's a huge jungle!"

"Hahaha keep following me. I think you gonna like this then."

We kept walking towards the roundabout slowly, looking around just in case a zombie came out of no where. It was hard to concentrate though. So much memories. Allie and I used to walk around the circus while talking about stuff, or sometimes just in silence. We walked around and around until we got tired.

We went passed the circus tho, towards Paritai Drive. That's when something in my mind made a click. No way... the bush has grown heaps and it was impossible that it didn't grow there too. We kept walking towards Paritai Drive anyways and my hopes where getting higher.

"You do know where we going now aye?"

"That lil bank at Paritai Drive? Where the view of Auckland city used to be amazing to watch?" It was only a guess, it couldn't be possible tho... the bush was already quite tall before... the view would be completely covered.

He smiled in approval "I've been working on this for a long time now..." I looked at Zack amazed. I couldn't believe it. I had such good memories in that little back it would've been amazing if it still exist. "Ready?" I nodded to him.

"Ready... yeah" I said it quite confused. I wasn't sure what to expect. We turned the last corner to the left and it was there!! Completely broken and ruined by moist, but still in one piece. The view tho was gone... and there was nothing special about the place.

"So the bank is still here wow... haha is that what you wanted to show me? What have you been working at?" Zack kept walking and didn't look back at me.

"You'll see now." He walked pass the bank and continued through a walkway that seemed to cross the new grown bush. Was that there before?

The walkway was pretty clear, there was nothing on the way and seemed like it was recently made. Was this what he wanted to show me? Where did the path lead us to?

1424 words