Five years ago

Dick's best friend Jason, took on the Robin mantle after Dick gave up being someone he was not. He decided to leave Gotham to find himself but that same night, Jason got kidnapped by the Joker and died in the explosion.
    Dick blamed himself for not being there to save Jason. He became a different person when Jason died: Nightwing.
    Nightwing promised to avenge Jason by cleaning up Gotham by starting with the person who killed him:the Joker. He located where the Joker was hiding out, an abandoned amusement park. The Joker stood in front of Nightwing, just laughing. He pulled out his gun and aimed at Nightwing and fired but he dodged and hid behind a roller coaster cart. He didn't bring guns, he just had his escrima sticks. He threw one to knock the gun out of the Joker's hand. Nightwing thought it was safe, so he ran toward him and started to beat him with his remaining escrima stick. But the Joker had another gun with him and shot it at Nightwing's arm. He fell backwards in pain and screamed. The Joker got up and laughed. He pointed the gun at Nightwing's face and released the safety. Dick thought is this how I die? By this monster? But then, out of nowhere a figure comes flying in and kicks the Joker in the side: Batman. Nightwing got up and said, "I had that handled."
    "No, you didn't," Batman responded. Nightwing was still in pain and tried to stop the bleeding. The Joker started to flee but Batman caught up to him.
Nightwing stumbled over to pick up his escrima sticks and with his good arm started to beat the Joker again, he yelled, "How do you like it when someone beats you?!"
    "Stop,"Batman said as he put his arm between Nightwing and the Joker. "He's had enough."
    "He's had enough? He needs to die for what he did to Jason!" Nightwing screamed. He was angry at Batman for letting the Joker live.
    "No, he needs to suffer in Arkham." Batman took the Joker away, leaving Nightwing alone in a creepy amusement park.