The Bridge

...

It was later that night, Jungkook had reached home. He looked around to see no one, until he saw a note on the table.
'
Dear slut,
We have gone on a business trip for 3 days, DO NOT GET IN TROUBLE
DO NOT EAT ANY OF OUR FOOD
DO NOT TAKE ANY OF OUR MONEY
DO NOT MAKE ANY SORT OF MESS
NO FRIENDS ROUND OR GOING OUT WITH FRIENDS

If you break any of these rules there will be punishments.
                                                                                     '
Jungkook felt relieved that his parents weren't home, but the list of the things he can't do are excessive!
"Looks like I'm going to have to starve for a few days!"

Time passed, he looked at the clock and it read 12:34am. He couldn't sleep at all.
"Maybe I should go to the bridge, it's not like I'm not allowed to leave the house." Jungkook stated.

He stood up from bed. He put on black skinny jeans and a oversized hoodie. He placed his earplugs in and left the house, walking through the streets and going to the bridge which has a view of the lit up city. Jungkook sat down in his usual spot and zoned out.

...

Tae got home after school and went straight to his grandma's room.
"Hello grandma!" Tae smiled.
"Hey kiddo, how was school?" She smiled back seeing Tae in a good mood.
"Really good actually, there's a new boy in our class, he's so pretty Grandma, he so innocent and pure!" Tae rambled on, he tells his Grandma everything.

"Awe sweetie, he sounds lovely, keep him close! I can tell he makes you happy. I'll have to meet him one day!" She chuckled.
Tae came out gay a few years back and his Grandma was very supportive.

A few hours passed and Tae was feeling grief, he missed his parents a lot. Even though he had his Grandma, he can't help missing them. Tae weakly looked at the time, it was 12:40am. He decided that he would go for a walk to clear his mind.

So Tae took his phone and snuck out of the house. He walked his usual route, until from a distance he saw someone on the bridge. It was quite dark to see who it was, so Tae walked closer. He didn't know who it was until he heard...
"Don't worry kookie, it will be okay."
'Jungkook' Tae thought.

...

Tae approached Jungkook trying his best not to scare him. Once he was close enough he slightly coughed, making the boy on the floor look up at him.
"H-hyung?" Jungkook squeaked as he took his earplugs out and putting them in his pocket.

"Mind if I sit?" Tae asked softly.
"Oh um n-no."
Tae sat next to Jungkook and looked at the scenery in front of him. There was a slight pause until Jungkook spoke up.
"Don't tell anyone!"
"Don't worry, I won't! It's not my place to say, but kook why do you keep it hidden?" Tae questioned but he didn't want to push him.

"I-Uh um my parents." Jungkook admitted. The two both felt strange around each other, it was like they've known each other for years. It felt like they could trust each other; they both felt it and both were confused about it.

"Your parents? I don't want to push you but why do you keep something like this hidden? Being a bunny hybrid is cute!"
Jungkook took a deep breath.
"I- uhm" Jungkook stuttered.
"You don't have to tell me!" Tae said not wanting to push him.
"No no I want too, b-but don't tell anyone!"

"I promise, take your time." Tae said, he took the younger's hand and intwined them together . Jungkook slightly blushed at the action but he felt less tense.

"My parents d-didn't want a b-boy. When I was born they didn't l-like me. However they didn't want to get r-rid of me, so instead they put me up for e-experiments. So they decided to try out the bunny h-hybrid on me. I was one of the first baby's to be tested on for the bunny hybrid. Ever since they've h-hated me. I'm a slave not a son. I-I... they abuse me, and hurt me. They don't let me g-go out, or have friends."

"I'm always so broken... Taetae I don't like it... no one likes a bunny hybrid... I'm too clingy... I'm worthless... I don't want to be here anymore..." Jungkook broke into tears, by this time Jungkook's ears emerged.

Tae pulled him into a hug.
"Kookie don't cry. It's okay, your not worthless! I promise. It will get better, don't give up, keep fighting koo. You must of gone through so much on your own. I'll try my best to protect you from now on." Tae said rubbing circles on the younger's back.

"Really Taetae hyung?" Jungkook said pulling away a little and looking up with his doe eyes at Tae.
"Of course!"
"Um Tae, do you um want to see my ears?" Jungkook questioned.
"I'd love to!" Tae was over moon that Jungkook felt comfortable around him.
Jungkook lifted his hoodie off and faced Tae.

The younger had black, floppy ears. There weren't too big, but they weren't too small. They were placed in the middle of his head.

"Your so cute koo. I love them, they are so pretty." Tae said sweetly.
""Really?"
"Of course!" Jungkook blushed at the elders comment.
"Hm Taetae... what are you doing at this time?" Jungkook said confused as Tae appeared out of no where in the middle of the night.

" I wanted to clear my mind." Tae sighed.
"From what hyungie? You can tell me." Jungkook supportively said as he placed his hand back in the others.
"When I was 5 years old my parents died im an airplane crash. Ever since then my Grandma has being looking after me. She is becoming badly ill and I'm just scared I guess." Tae said as a tear escaped his eye.

"I'm really sorry hyungie, that must of been hard at a young age. Don't worry, I'm sure your Grandma is just as strong as you are." Jungkook softly said wiping away Tae's tears with his thumb.

The two stayed in their positions for a while after, talking about everything and anything. They ended up exchanging numbers. They promised each other they would help each other from now on, which they were both more than happy about.

Hey kiddos, I hope you are all okay! Remember to keep smiling! Stay safe 💘