Slightly Lost

Demetria's P.O.V.:

Once we had reached the other end of the highway, we had to walk up a grassy hill. From the top of the hill, we were greeted by a grey wired fence. Behind that fence was an overwhelming amount of people. There were people of all ages smiling, laughing, and screaming. We climbed the fence and landed on the other side, looking out into the open sea of people.

"I thought Gotham was a place full of scum?" I say leaning towards Damian while looking at everything in front of us.

"It's what people call a park Dee-Dee. It's where people supposedly go and have fun."

Have fun? Kids were running and chasing each other, people sitting on mats and eating food. I looked to my right and found a couple at a few feet away from the bottom of the hill, making-out.

"Alright I've seen enough," I say dragging Damian down the hill with me, disturbing the horny couple. I let go of Damian's hand the moment we reached the bottom.

"Where's the exit to this place?" Damian says swiveling his head and body around. He stuck his hands into his pockets looking around, while I followed his action unintentionally.

As Damian and I stood in our spots, hoping for an exit to magically before us, a little dark-haired boy bumped into us. The little dark-haired fell back onto his but and looked up at eyes with teary brown.

"Daniel!" said a little girl. Her brown hair bouncing as she ran towards him, with the look of concern in her green eyes.

"Are you okay?" said the boy blond-haired boy running next to her.

The little boy, Daniel, turns around and mumbles a 'ya'. He turns back around and looks up at us. "I'm sorry," he says on the verge of crying. I open my mouth to respond, but before I could, Damian beat me to it.

"Tch. You should. A stupid child like you shouldn't even be out here. You're reckless. You're unaware of your surroundings. Your parents didn't raise you right."

I looked at Damina, mouth agape, and wide-eyed. "What the hell Damian," I say elbowing him.

"What? It's true," he says. The little boy begins to cry loudly, catching the attention of everyone around us. I sigh. So much for trying not to stand out.

"I hope you never have kids, Dami," I say kneeling to the little boy. "Hey. It's okay. We're sorry," I say smoothing his hair, attempting to calm him down.

"No we're not," I hear Damian whisper. I turn my body and slap him on the thigh, but close to his private area. Although I didn't exactly hit that area, he still huddles over in pain, clutching onto that area, seething in pain. I glare at him, telling him to stay quiet.

"Don't listen to the big meanie. Okay Daniel," I say smiling at him. The boy whimpers as tears roll down his puffy cheeks. I wipe the tears away with my finger with my thumb. "It's okay," I repeat.

"Daniel!" a lady screams. We all look up to see a young woman running towards us. She gets down and hugs Daniel, clutches his face, checking for any injuries.

"What did you do to my son?!" she screams at us.

"Listen lady! We didn't—" Damian points his finger yelling at her. But I intrude before he makes things any worse.

"Nothing ma'am. My brother and I were trying to look for the exit, but we had bumped into your son in the process," I tell her calmly. She glares at us and asks her son if we had really bumped into him.

"I bumped into them first. But ya," Daniel says.

"Oh," the lady says in embarrassment, "I apologize for the misjudgment."