𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄

where theres goodness, theres magic

𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 scrubbed the marble floor, the water gleaming under the light of chandeliers

𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 scrubbed the marble floor, the water gleaming under the light of chandeliers. The ballroom she was in was painted with gold. Pillars that guests would usually linger by towered above them. Hallways wrapped around the ballroom, filled with bouquets of roses and riches she couldn't afford. Chandeliers lit the dim ballroom, thousands of tiny flames flickering on it. The girl occupied herself by scrubbing the floor at the center of the ballroom.

"Bea, Bea!" Her friend hissed from across the ballroom. Strands of her black hair fell from her updo. She sat at the front of the ballroom, wiping the floor clean by a pillar.

"Shh, we're supposed to be working." Bea muttered back. She didn't want to get on Valina's bad side today.

"You're no fun." Her friend grumbled, dropping her rag on the ground, splashing water everywhere as she continued to scrub. Bea rolled her eyes.

"So I'm no fun 'cause I'm the responsible one?" Bea muttered to herself.

"Yep, pretty much." Her friend smirked.

"Come on, at least I'm not going to get yelled at by Valina. Unlike somebody in this room." Bea shot a pointed look at her friend.

"I wouldn't count on it, she already hates you." Her voice echoed throughout the ballroom. In normal circumstances, the kingdom's chatter would fill the room, but it was just the two servants voices today.

"She hates everybody Cynthia." Bea said.

"True." Cynthia muttered. They went back to the silence, the sloshing of water filling the grand ballroom.

Down the hall, a girls giggle sounded. Bea grimaced, recognizing the owner of the giggle almost instantly, Valina. Well, at least she wasn't yelling at them.

Valina was a pretty-black haired girl, so pretty she could snag the richest person in town, closest to the Prince of course. But she had her green eyes set on royalty.

Bea had to give her some credit for getting her priorities straight, but it became a bit too much when she practically worshipped the ground he walks on and glared at anyone who dared talk about him within these halls. But that wasn't the reason why Bea disliked her.

Since Valina was the prince's personal servant, she thought herself above the others. Of course the prince himself did not seem to notice any of her snarky remarks or glares. The only karma Valina got was when she was hit with rejection. Though her attempts were annoying, they were amazing to see when she failed. Lately, rejections had happened more often.

Bea made sure to avoid her when she went on her post rejection  rampage, since that was torture-the-other-servants hour. She continued to scrub the marble floor till it gleamed.