𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

𝐁𝐄𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆

𝐁𝐄𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆. The ground was icy and damp beneath her, caused by the dark night. The cold, night air brushed against her skin that was revealed by the large rips Valina had tore. Goosebumps rose on her skin, and she was already trembling.

However, it wasn't from the cold. It was from sadness, one that was so overpowering it's all she felt. She was miserable, and wore it well.

Her dress was neither lively nor free, it had been weighed down heavily by the water that soaked in the fabric. Her black curls had been flattened, now stuck to her face. Her white dress now had dirt all over it, and her happy expression was gone.

Bea crumpled to the cold, wet, dirty ground. The rain had turned into a light drizzle, however Bea was nor any less miserable. Her shoulders were slouched, and she was hunched over the ground, looking at her reflection in a small pool of water. Her mother once told her that it was the beauty within which shone, but Bea thought otherwise.

Bea's reflection didn't show the happy little girl she once was, who pranced along the fields, searching for a fairy godmother with a wide smile till dawn. The water reflected her outward appearance. A servant. Bea stared back into her own dull, puffy eyes. She hadn't noticed someone approach her.

"Hello. May you be able to help me? I seemed to have lost my cat." A raspy voice croaked.

Bea whipped her head around to see an old woman hunched over, standing in the middle of the clearing.

She was supported by a long, ragged stick that towered above her short figure. A sickly brown cloak was draped over her, the hood covering her hair. The woman looked like she hadn't slept in ages, lines scattering her features and wrinkles permanently indented in her skin.

Bea swallowed the huge lump in her throat, holding back the welling tears. "Of course." She smiled, though it was clearly fake, and stood up from her position. Bea quickly wiped the wet tears off her face that had recently fallen.

When she looked back up at the woman's spot, Bea noticed she was gone. She had just disappeared.

Bea looked around in bewilderment, scanning the clearing for any sight of her. But the old woman was gone.

Bea slouched her shoulders again, tears finally falling. She was alone once more, both a good and bad thing. She wrapped her arms around her torso, comforting herself and more tears fall, laughing through them in despite of it. She had scared the poor woman off. At least she could let her fake smile fall.

"Oh, I knew it. I knew your were faking that smile that whole time! Hah." A voice exclaimed. Bea let out a startled shriek and jumped. Her head whipped around again. The voice had belonged to the old woman, and there she was, standing like nothing had happened.

"You were just over there, and then y-you... disappeared in thin air!" Bea's eyes widened as she waved her hand dismissively towards the spot the old woman had just been in.